Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do Not Use Boards.ie For Garda Matters!!

• 14-10-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

In reply to Garda G.Roarty post here >>> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81239149&postcount=26, i wonder does the same apply to all forums or just Boards.ie members, as far as i am aware all members sign the Official Secrecy Act at some point so it should be one rule across the board, not just for members on Boards.ie, there are other forums out there that are posting the same as boards, namely emergency services forum, i just wonder if you have also put the same post on their forum, or are they above this.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

From the ES Charter

# Serving emergency service members are reminded that the forum is public, open to members of the general public, and to your supervisors. It should not be treated as a secure medium and it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that nothing is said or inferred on the forum that may interfere with current operations/investigations or bring your service into disrepute, and that you do not release any information whatsoever that is not already in the public domain. "In the public domain" means the information has already been widely circulated on TV and/or radio, in the mainstream press, or on public access internet news sites. Any breaches of the above policy may result in disciplinary action and / or legal proceedings being taken by your service, against you.

This forum is moderated by members of the Gardai and PSNI. We do not want people to get themselves into trouble.

If you see something that concerns you, report it using the reported posts feature.

Generally all serving members of the PSNI, Gardai, Ambulance Service, DFB and UK police forces know exactly what they can and cannot post here.

And if they dont and unwittingly post something they shouldn't somebody will report it or the moderators will step in.

I cannot speak for other Emergency Service forums and how they are moderated.

If anybody sees anything posted on these forums that concerns them, report the post or pm a mod.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement