Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong place to rob!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

catweazle wrote: »

Em, he did didn't he? - "But Mr Ralph made a bolt for the door after him and grabbed the back wheel of the culprit's bicycle, so he couldn't pedal away."

All it needs now is a speedboat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

All it needs now is a speedboat.

Luv it!

BMC for the next bond

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

From BMCs facebook page last week. Fair play to him, he didn't even have a proper taper
    Not your average day at 36 park street.
    A few browsers were nothing new on a wednesday afternoon at 15:00, tire kicking and the like when a man decided to 'borrow' a lovely piece of jewellery that was shown to him. Eyeing up his escape route in advance it only took him 3 steps to reach the public road. Known for his speed of tongue, Baldwin jewellers employee Stephen Ralph had speed of thought and went out to see the man make his attempt of escape.
    The mans get-away equipment was a low end grade Giant hybrid. (He obviously had thought this through!!.) At this point Head of security was on a rather long coffee break but lucky Stephen Ralph had moves like jagger to stop the culprit from achieving a fast T1. The man now decided on-foot was a better mode of transport. I thought at this point my presence should be felt. When I arrived on the scene I had time for a quick chat with mr ralph, he then informed me that the man had a very expensive piece of jewellery.
    Even without a warm up I was able to reach top speed and ask the gentleman kindly did he have a receipt. Out of breath and struggling to hold form the man was unable to show me such. Running at such a speed i feared for the mans safety. My only option to try and slow him down was to encourage him towards the rather lovely black marble of the Jade garden.
    Thanking me for being so concerned the man handed me back what was rightly ours and business continued as normal for the rest of the day.

I think a rest day is needed and maybe a massage after such a burst unprepared exercise.

Your local jeweller hero

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

He owes that lick of speed to that top class coaching from Eddie Gray when he was only a nipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Reading the piece I thought they should have given the chap a head start and turned it into a proper fartlek session.

• Advertisement
Advertisement