Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IM - The meltdowns, the people who built the brand?

Options
  • 08-10-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

A post for the month that's in it....

I think we need Justin Lee Colins to have a "Bring back the IM" show where he finds the people who made the brand so we know what happened next..

For me Julie Moss is the one that stands out..

(And theres Sian Welch & Wendy Ingraham, Paula Newby Frazier's meltdown (ok, so easy enough to see where she went :) ))

I wonder how much of the IM brand is the event itself, or simply the collection of incredible efforts some people made being well covered and available to capture people's imagination.

I suspect without the collection of epic meltdowns the IM wouldn't have the draw it does.. for me the event being a race is secondary to seeing people really hurt and push themselves to their (individual) limits.

Comments

Advertisement