Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were you born in St Patricks Templehill Blackrock?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Suziewal

Hi Claire, I was born 24th feb 1982.., adopted through st Patrick’s. Would be delighted if you had any information.
    Regards Suzanne

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Suziewal wrote: »
    Hi Claire, I was born 24th feb 1982.., adopted through st Patrick’s. Would be delighted if you had any information.
    Regards Suzanne

I was just about to direct you here:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pudding 2016

I trained at St Patricks infant hospital 1985/1986 I remember some of the babies names. Was Godmother to at least 1 baby there, I remember mostly 2 things, how loved all the babies were and how well cared for they were, I also remember being on night duty one Christmas eve/Christmas morn and there was a little music toy that played when you wish upon a star and I played it and sang along to the babies most of the night

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

On the one hand it is genuinely nice to read that the place where I spent the first twelve months or so of my life wasn't a complete hell hole - that there were people there who cared for our welfare.

But on the other hand if these babies were truly loved they would never have been taken from their mothers in the first place.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    But on the other hand if these babies were truly loved they would never have been taken from their mothers in the first place.
    Looking back at this comment I think I could have phrased it better as it reads as though I'm suggesting that the nurses didn't truly love the babies and that was not my intention.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 achoist

Hi, I was born in Mount Carmel 06/02/1980. I was adopted through St Patricks Guild about 6 week's later. Id be grateful to speak to any staff that worked there over that time and learn about the place where I spent the first weeks of my life. If any of you who worked there are reading this, thank you for all that you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BD79

Looking back over some documents I mistakenly believed i was there for 6 months when it was actually 1yr 6 months. Its a strange feeling that I had no mother for that time. First step or words were inconsequential. All worked out in the end though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EMcG88

Hi, my sister was born March 24th 1980 in Holles Street hospital and was then brought to Temple Hill. We still haven't found her due to falsification of records 😕

Hi, my sister was born on March 24th 1980 in Holles St and was put up for adoption in Temple Hill.

I have just received concrete information about her birth. I am very eager to find her. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏

Hi, I would love some more information please. My sister was there March 1980

• Advertisement

Hi @EMcG88

I was there in 1976-77.

Have you applied to the Adoption Authority of Ireland or TUSLA for information on your sister?

Here's the link to follow if you haven't - https://www.birthinfo.ie/

Can I ask how you know that records were falsified?

Post edited by Hermy on

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement