Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[WANTED] 10 Speed Shimano Cassette

Options
  • 05-10-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, looking for a 10 speed Shimano cassette for my trainer wheel. Getting ready for plenty of winter turbo km's.

Anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Hey guys, looking for a 10 speed Shimano cassette for my trainer wheel. Getting ready for plenty of winter turbo km's.

Anybody?

And what about the chain? Will the chain be new and match the cassette?

Don't want it hopping about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

tunney wrote: »

If you overly coat the chain with oil it adapts to the new cassette fairly quickly, and does not jump as much (well that is what I have done in the past and it worked)

There is one for sale over in the cycling section http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056772988

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Anybody?

I have a spare 12-27 if you want it. Am up in Drogheda.Can give to Fran if u meeting up with him anytime soon or if u want to spin up let me know
    PS The coach might not approve of the 12-27 though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I have a number of cassettes in the shed

12-25
    11-23
    12-27

Change to meet the depends of the riding conditions!!

Will root around to see if I have a spare 12-25 this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

After El D gets sorted i wouldnt mind buying someone a pint or two for one! I bloody threw my last one out last year. Have a new turbo wheel on its way to me which i managed to pick up from CRC for just €49! Id been meaning to try get one each of the last 3 winters but finally ill have a dedicated bike left setup this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Fair play guys, thanks for the responses! After posting here I went looking on cycling forum and saw that post!

Okay my current set up is a Shimano Cassette 105 10sp 11-28T with a Shimano Chain 105 10 sp. I don't want changing my chain every weekend for my long ride, I just want to swap wheels. So what is the best option here for me, looks like there are four:

11-25
    11-23
    12-25
    12-27

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

tunney wrote: »

I was just planning on using the my current chain??

El D do bad?

Also is there a general rule as to which cassette to choose in the various conditions?

Advertisement