Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sweetheart neckine top out of plaster cast!

Options
  • 05-10-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I came up with a mad idea to actually mould my shape from plaster cast and somehow make it into a top that i can open and close and preferably with a zip at the back. Maybe if i just made the front panel from cast and stick it to fabric?
    Its for a halloween costume and it will be covered in bits and pieces so it doesnt matter if it looks really homemade :)

Will this work? Where do i get cast from and is it cheap? Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If I am understanding what you are asking, you can buy plaster bandage from craft shops which you could wrap round yourself over a thin teeshirt (or better yet, someone else could) then cut if off.

I am not recommending this operation as I think you would find it more complicated than you anticipate, especially the cutting off bit. You could end up in a&e asking them to cut it off!

I think you might be better advised to buy some heavy duty sew-in interfacing (fabric shops, Hickeys etc) and make a top from that, them maybe paint it to look like plaster. You would get a similar effect that would be easier and safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

We did this in college, thick layer of vaseline all over the torso. Get some one to put layers of plaster of paris bandage around you in layers. Let it dry then cut it off.

More details here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtXe2N3uLaM

If its for a dres, I would leave a 3 inch gap down your spine, you could punch holes and lace this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

this may work but not completely sure

Advertisement