Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half ironman in march?

Options
  • 02-10-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of anything in europe that might be cheap to get to in march/early april? The usual suspects all seem to be in may (lisboa, barcelona half etc.), and im looking for something interesting a bit earlier than that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

This no training due to injury has me looking for work during lunch times

Nothing really in europe at that time of year, all Asia-Pacific, I assume there should be some suitable duathlons perhaps at that time of year

January/February

http://en.israman.co.il/ (they say there is a 1/2 distance in there somewhere)

http://www.enduromanlanzarote.es/ No sign of the 2013 one but they have results for 2012

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Valencia is meant to be on again on March 3rd

http://www.valenciald.com/eng/noticias.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

kingQuez wrote: »
    Anyone know of anything in europe that might be cheap to get to in march/early april? The usual suspects all seem to be in may (lisboa, barcelona half etc.), and im looking for something interesting a bit earlier than that.
    Does that mean ur heading for lanzarote john? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

cheers for the suggestions.. yeah, pacific is a bit far to travel. poxey time of the year to be looking for a race here i guess :)

we'll see bryan.. you get your pass for next year yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Surely there is a market in Ireland for an early season (Boutique/Alternative ) 70.3. Norseman has no trouble filling up and its a cold race because of its style of race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

cheers for the suggestions.. yeah, pacific is a bit far to travel. poxey time of the year to be looking for a race here i guess :)

we'll see bryan.. you get your pass for next year yet?

We'll see translates as likely :)

PS I'll be happily watching from the sidelines next year

Briando wrote: »
    Surely there is a market in Ireland for an early season (Boutique/Alternative ) 70.3. Norseman has no trouble filling up and its a cold race because of its style of race.

I wouldn't do anything in Ireland earlier than May... While it's a brilliant race, tri an mhi half is frigid.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

I wouldn't do anything in Ireland earlier than May... While it's a brilliant race, tri an mhi half is frigid.

Abu Dhabi 2nd March !

I'm never doing Tri an Mhi half again, water was colder than the inverse of Hell.

mrbungle wrote: »
    I'm never doing Tri an Mhi half again, water was colder than the inverse of Hell.

People need to stop talking like this. It's going to be tropical in 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

People need to stop talking like this. It's going to be tropical in 2013.

Weather was perfect this year, even sunny. The water changed my chromosomes to female for about 5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Abu Dhabi 2nd March !

I'm looking forward to it. I want to feel the pain!

Weather was perfect this year, even sunny. The water changed my chromosomes to female for about 5 hours.

Not something I'll have to worry about. :D

Briando wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it. I want to feel the pain!

You wont feel anything... at least not for a good 6-7hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Jaysus lads, theres a serious dose of HTFU needed in this thread. Water was cold, get on with it. You'll go home after a warmer day racing and hop into an ice bath. :rolleyes:

You wont feel anything... at least not for a good 6-7hours :)

You're making it sound better. Cold water will numb the muscles and thus the pain of the race so you'll race faster.

Advertisement