Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IT Jobs in Australia

• 30-09-2012 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Just wondering if there is many irish people working in IT in australia, and is it easy to get a job in that sector.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Yeah there are loads Im sure...

Im moving out there in Feb 2013 as a software developer.

Check out http://seek.com.au to get an idea of whats available..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SevenHogs

cheers,

I just recently graduated.would i be able to get an IT job with WHV?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 creedo

Dude you would really be better off contacting some agencies. I am moving to Australia soon and have 6/7 years experience in IT. Hoping to find something but willing to diversify if needs be.

If you decide to go best of luck and be willing to work hard!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm moving over in February, and will be hoping to find some decent IT work in Melbourne. Seems like there's a fair amount of jobs being listed on seek, so hopefully i'll find something.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 xxx3

Ya need experience for IT jobs here...Been in Sydney 3 months and got a good IT hons degree from home but every company ya send in CV to wants at least 2 years experience.....ended up at construction after double the wages :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

SevenHogs wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if there is many irish people working in IT in australia, and is it easy to get a job in that sector.

thanks

Do you have any experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

How about Networking / Data Centre jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

If anyone is a Java developer (ideally websphere) and has experience in portal give me a shout (sydney)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kingcon78

Hi if you're in Melbourne or moving here very soon with Java & C# and bit of sales skills let me know as there's a job going here in my company. If you're handy with SQL too that will help. Think it's paying about $65k and a bonus of 5-10k too.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭DeclanClune

Any Web Developers out there?
    We are looking for 2 web developers (Adelaide area)

Ideally you would have 3 years exp - HTML 5 / C++ 3 / Jave script
    PHP / My SQL and Photoshop experience is a plus also.
    Salary AUD 75k - 80k

• Advertisement
Advertisement