Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold toes

Options
  • 25-09-2012 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

After getting off the bike in Blacksod at the weekend my toes were all blue and i could barely run with my bike in T2. anyone any tips to avoid the same fate at Mourne this weekend. Not interested in faffing about with socks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

After getting off the bike in Blacksod at the weekend my toes were all blue and i could barely run with my bike in T2. anyone any tips to avoid the same fate at Mourne this weekend. Not interested in faffing about with socks
    Socks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Toe covers on the shoes. A must in any cyclists wardrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

Don't shave your toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dave04

Going back to the toe covers...if you dont have neoprene ones , make your own out of an oldsport sock [ preferably black.] pull the sock right over your shoe so it sits nice and tidy over your shoe then pullit back to cover as much or as little of the shoe desired..prior to racing of course! it should give enough protection for present climate even if showery on the day ...have done this in tri's and sportiffs and it works , cut a small hole for the cleat so you can pull the sock up completely on those days starting out on a long cold ride but not cold[or wet enuogh for neo overshoes ] when it warms up you can take them off whe training .. and will help emptyout that sock draw.

Advertisement