Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Triathlon Suits

Options
  • 21-09-2012 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭

I got one of these a few years back for doing brick sessions in training - nice and cheap and it has served me well and keeps you from having to wear the club gear. Got a third place in Galway Cope as well with these but alas it was El Director that was sporting them that day. The compression gear isnt bad as well for the winter cycling and keeping warm

NURcw.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Think I'll get some of these. http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23672.htm

Bike would look the biz with them on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

I got mine already. They look pretty cool

pimp%20wheels.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Whats the sizing on the tri suits like?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Those reflective bands with the leds are great for when youre out on busy roads. I use them running, and they make a difference. Its less life threatening.

Anyone tried the merino shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Oryx wrote: »
    Anyone tried the merino shirt?

I have one and its grand. Only used 3-4 times in the middle of base layers and jacket. Thumbs up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Those reflective bands with the leds are great for when youre out on busy roads. I use them running, and they make a difference. Its less life threatening. QUOTE]

x2

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23670.htm

Indicative of the last two race seasons that the model is posing in the rain with dark clouds in the background, probably lifting her bike over a pothole.

Its supposed to be a sunny day sport ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23670.htm

Indicative of the last two race seasons that the model is posing in the rain with dark clouds in the background, probably lifting her bike over a pothole.

Its supposed to be a sunny day sport ;)

Should be DG'd for touching her bike without her helmet on and fastened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

catweazle wrote: »
    I got one of these a few years back for doing brick sessions in training - nice and cheap and it has served me well and keeps you from having to wear the club gear. Got a third place in Galway Cope as well with these but alas it was El Director that was sporting them that day. The compression gear isnt bad as well for the winter cycling and keeping warm

Eehh, what is this 'winter cycling' you speak of :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

griffin100 wrote: »
    Eehh, what is this 'winter cycling' you speak of :confused:

With the attic over the young lads room, I am banished to the shed. However I have great intentions of getting outside this year :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Pity they aren't doing the Crane two piece Tri Top again, the one they sold a few years back. I still wear the top as it's a better fit than the expensive 2XU tri top I bought this year & my club Santini Tri top is too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

I got 2 of the winter cycling jackets last year and they are excellent.. rarely go cycling without one,,, I love Aldi ;0)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

miller82 wrote: »
    Those reflective bands with the leds are great for when youre out on busy roads. I use them running, and they make a difference. Its less life threatening.

x2

I found them next to useless, a great idea but poor quality. I bought a pack of 2 of these last year and dug them out last winter when the evenings got dark, the battery had almost completely drained on the 1st one (it was never on but the led's were very dim) and every time I had the second one on my arm tight enough not to slip, it would switch itself off. I figured out it was not the button being pressed but if I wiggled the battery it would work again, seemed like a poor connection/wiring. Maybe I was just unlucky. Thought about taking it apart to fix it but binned it in the end.

I got a tri suit this morning after a bit of a search but does any one else think that they are a bit see through ish. :o

I know you get what you pay for before anyone gets that bit in. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

I got a tri suit this morning after a bit of a search but does any one else think that they are a bit see through ish. :o

"feels like i'm wearing nothing at all, nothing at all....."

You'll know for sure if people snigger when behind you on the bike.

Picked up a few bits today, the cycling jackets do look great. I have a four year old crane sport winter running jacket thats due to be retired, it has served me well though.

You'll know for sure if people snigger when behind you on the bike.

Its not so much the behind bit that bothers me Oryx cos I cant see that, but I imagine it may be a bit iffy at the front when wet!! :eek:

promethius wrote: »
    "feels like i'm wearing nothing at all, nothing at all....."

I thought I was listening to Cry Before Dawn there for a moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I got a tri suit this morning after a bit of a search but does any one else think that they are a bit see through ish.

Yep, wasn't expecting the Rab C. Nesbitt string vest-effect round the back. And those pockets are useless too.
    Ah well, will do for training through the winter - I'd be wearing a top or gilet over it anyway.

cjt156 wrote: »
    Yep, wasn't expecting the Rab C. Nesbitt string vest-effect round the back. And those pockets are useless too.
    Ah well, will do for training through the winter - I'd be wearing a top or gilet over it anyway.
    They are cheap as chips though. My orca trisuit has a mesh back as well, fwiw.

• Advertisement

My 2XU has a mesh panel down each rear flank, but its much tighter mesh than this one. Still, its worth the 20 quid, I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Got a tri suit, but having not done a tri before just wondering if you wear this for the swim part and just transition to the bike and then run.

It says wear it under a wetsuit but I'm doing tge swim part in a swimming pool so won't be wearing a wetsuit and was thinking this could be used for the whole event

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Got a tri suit, but having not done a tri before just wondering if you wear this for the swim part and just transition to the bike and then run.

It says wear it under a wetsuit but I'm doing tge swim part in a swimming pool so won't be wearing a wetsuit and was thinking this could be used for the whole event
    Yes the idea is it is worn for the whole event.

Right, I know this might sound stupid, but the suit doesn't seem very 'water proof', so do you not get soaked in the pool and then you freeze on the bike and the waddle on the run with the wet pad in the shorts?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Right, I know this might sound stupid, but the suit doesn't seem very 'water proof', so do you not get soaked in the pool and then you freeze on the bike and the waddle on the run with the wet pad in the shorts?
    Its not waterproof but good suits dry quickly. You do get on the bike wet but youre working hard so cold is not usually an issue. You could always throw on a jacket or armwarmers. Trisuits have a very light chamois and you won't be aware of it, wet or dry.

everything Oryx said is true.. you wont notice the cold on bike or the padding between the legs as you are thinking more about the lungs exploding :D

in fairness for 19.99 you cannot go wrong with the tri suit even if the back is a bit see through,,, picked up the luminous winter cycling jacket and just did 100k wearing it on the bike today and they are the grandest, didn't get too hot in it and kept rain at bay during 1 shower, also got one of the luminos running tops for 11 euro so for less than 60euro i'm kitted out for winter training and the dark nights!

Great, thanks for the replies guys, I'll try it out in the pool so.

Sure I suppose you couldn't go wrong for 20 quid, perhaps a banana hammock under the suit might save the blushes or getting done for indecent exposure.

• Advertisement

As an added bonus the crotch padding is BRIGHT RED so I'm planning to wear it inside out and go as the bloke from Cameo this hallowe'en...
    Word Up!

Advertisement