Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] Blacksod

Options
  • 20-09-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

many here doing it ?
    heading up after work friday to do it. First time for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Be prepared for some wind. It's very exposed but a fantastic race by all accounts. Best of luck and enjoy! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I've been so tempted to do this race. Especially since the Mrs got her place in London 2013 & I'm still in AG nomans land. Could do with a good race and points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Heading down in the morning. Looking forward to it. Beautiful part of the country and the next stop westwards is Brooklyn. Weather looks good and the forecast is for light winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Well what did everyone think of this race? Definitely a tough course ranked up there with BOE and Kilkee. I'd go as far as saying there is no harder run course in Ireland. Buoys were too small and sighting was a big problem after making the turn into the waves. Was all over the shop. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

agree ^^^^^ regarding the bouys. I didnt struggle too bad, but noticed a lot of people having to stop and spot.Enjoyed the swim

The bike course was decent apart from blatant drafting. The most annoying aspect was that they had a draft marshal who was covering a lot of ground, but either he bitched out or doesnt understand what drafting is. I got over taken about 15km in by two lads they were within inchs of one another. I was snapping and then heard the bike coming i let a roar and pointed to the two lads (who were still blatantly doing it). The bike sat behind them for a few mins then drove off. they were not penalised. saw it happening all over tha place.

Run course was tough, very tough, but the scenery was epic and a nice distraction.
    BOE is defo harder IMO, more because of the bike and then similar runs in terms of difficulty

Had a dissapointing race myself (couldnt dig deep for the first 25km on the bike and fell back - think it was too late in the season for me), but its a well run event, great course and we were blessed with great weather.

oh and best goody bag of the year possibly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

It's a tough race alright but I really don't think the run compares with BOE. We were lucky with the weather this year - last year the cycle back in from Belmullet was torture into a strong headwind. Great job by Kilmore tri club and top notch post race spread at the Broadhaven Hotel - I stayed there for the weekend actually and they were super accommodating. One staff member apparently stayed up all night ensuring there would be plenty of food ready for athletes heading off early to the race....defo hope to be back again next year!

Advertisement