Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practices rooms in Dublin where is most convinent for Dublin bands

Options
  • 19-09-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi I looking into obtaining a warehouse in Dublin and building some practice rooms for bands to rent on a monthly basis, where would the most convenient part of the Dublin be for Dublin bands, I would of thought as close to the the city centre as possible but I'd love to hear feedback from you, any feedback would be great, thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Hi dude

one thing that seems to be seriously lacking around is something that i and a few others have been looking for unsuccessfully which is small, secure, soundproof rooms for people making their own music.

perhaps its not worth the effort for someone like you to make such small spaces compared to what you got in return rent wise but thought i'd put it out there.

people like me couldnt afford to rent a normal place on my own without band members etc to share the cost.

we'd be on a much smaller budget than bands so like i say, it may not be worth it from a business point of view but i'd imagine i would consider something in the €150 per month region. not a lot i know but its an expensive hobby...

just an idea.

Oh yeah and PS - city centre all the way! or at least on the bus/luas routes. i'm in the south suburbs myself but obviously i wouldn't expect anyone to be locating there.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Daycentbill

Hi dude

one thing that seems to be seriously lacking around is something that i and a few others have been looking for unsuccessfully which is small, secure, soundproof rooms for people making their own music.

perhaps its not worth the effort for someone like you to make such small spaces compared to what you got in return rent wise but thought i'd put it out there.

people like me couldnt afford to rent a normal place on my own without band members etc to share the cost.

we'd be on a much smaller budget than bands so like i say, it may not be worth it from a business point of view but i'd imagine i would consider something in the €150 per month region. not a lot i know but its an expensive hobby...

just an idea.

Oh yeah and PS - city centre all the way! or at least on the bus/luas routes. i'm in the south suburbs myself but obviously i wouldn't expect anyone to be locating there.

cheers thats not a bad idea, ill take it into consideration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ITTevent

wrong forum sorry

cool

even an 8ft x 8ft space (bigger the better) would be great for someone to be able to have somewhere for their recording gear and to be able to crank amps, monitors and do noisy stuff like recording VOX. A mini rehearsal room in other words.

The neighbours, house-mates and parents of Dublin would be ever so appreciative :)

naturally it means more dividers, soundproofing, sockets etc so you can decide if it looks reasonable on paper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

cool

even an 8ft x 8ft space (bigger the better) would be great for someone to be able to have somewhere for their recording gear and to be able to crank amps, monitors and do noisy stuff like recording VOX. A mini rehearsal room in other words.

The neighbours, house-mates and parents of Dublin would be ever so appreciative :)

naturally it means more dividers, soundproofing, sockets etc so you can decide if it looks reasonable on paper

Troubador studios do Drummer / one man rates.

• Advertisement

Troubador studios do Drummer / one man rates.

not looking for session rates - as i said above its a more permanent thing i'd be after, not having to lug gear in and out every time etc...

Advertisement