Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious, enthusiastic and competent musicians wanted for Blues/Soul band in Dublin.

Options
  • 19-09-2012 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Serious, enthusiastic and competent musicians wanted for Blues/Soul band. based in Dublin City Centre or North Dublin City.

I am a 29 year old bass player with an idea. I've been playing in lots of bands over the years (mostly rock related) and although I've enjoyed each one, I feel that It's been a little too long since I've listened to the music that I'm playing. If that makes any sense. I've tried to introduce some different music to these groups but have found it very difficult to find people who would like to play blues and soul music. There's always someone who wants to do ACDC covers only or a Black Sabbath marathon. While I've liked these bands myself in the past, and have been known to have an auld listen on occasions when I'm feeling nostalgic, it's not something I'm interested in emulating myself anymore. At this point in my life, I like to listen to and play the blues and that brings me to my point.

I would like to start a serious, professional (looking and sounding) blues band. I'm talking white shirts, black ties and smoked out back alley bars. This is not a rock gig. I'm not looking for any Rolling Stones fans here. If you're into at least half of the below list then you're perfect for the role. You don't have to be amazing musicians, you just have to be competent, patient (not looking for world dominatin) and willing to do what's needed for the sake of the music.

Keep in mind that I'm in no way a control freak, not by a long shot, but I'd like it to be a serious gig with a small bit of dedication. Only apply if you can give the time for two evening rehearsals a week or one evening rehearsal and one gig (either eveing mid-week or daytime weekend)

There's no money involved as I don't play music for money, but that's not to say that it couldn't generate a bit of cash eventually. If things go right, we could be an extablished little blues band in no time, which, as you know, MAY lead to a few paid gigs and even a recording or two (my Fiancés Dad owns a proper recording studio, we would use these facilities for absolute minimum cost, if not, for free)

Anyway, here's what I'm looking for: Guitar, Keyboard, Sax, Drums and Male vox (Already have a female if needed).

I would like to just do covers for the time being, to see where we're at but would really like to do a few of our own original tracks after a while because that's were the real fun is in my opinion.

Here's a list of musicians/singers etc that I like to listen to and with a bit of luck, you do too:

Buddy Guy
    Rory Gallagher
    B.B. King
    Joe Tex
    Misissipi John Hurt
    John Lee Hooker
    Chuck Berry
    Albert Collins
    Otis Redding
    Frank Sinatra
    The Travelling Wilburys
    Muddy Waters
    Elmore James
    Howlin' Wolf
    Nina Simone
    Fleetwood Mac
    John Coltrane
    Allman Brothers
    Bob Dylan
    The Yardbirds
    Woody Guthrie
    Ray Charles
    Charles Mingus
    Janis Joplin
    Lead Belly
    Pete Seeger
    Bluesbreakers
    Jimi Hendrix
    Mamie Smith
    Buddy Holly
    Cream
    Gary Moore
    Willie Dixon
    The Drifters
    The Band
    Stevie Ray Vaughan
    Seasick Steve
    Dizzy Gillespie
    Marvin Gaye
    The Temptations
    T-Bone Walker
    Bruce Springsteen
    Billy Holiday

Please PM me if interested.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 groover64

Hi,

I recently left a big 10 piece soul/funk/r&b band.. Too many of the members had other agendas/projects going on...This sounds right up my street..Im 46, with great experience in this style of music..I provide great feel in my playing..Nothing too flashy....I live in Dublin, have my own transport and gear...Would be very very interested in this. I love all the artists you have mentioned in your post...I look forward to hearing from you

Gaz

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Slappa de Bass

That's great Groover, what instrument do you play by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 groover64

Oooops..drums, mate

cheers

Pm sent, Groover.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭tony stark

Hi
    This sounds perfect for me. Ive had this problem with bands Ive played in over the years. The music you're talking about I love to play and listen to. I'm 32 play guitar and have my own gear and transport. Would love to get involved in this. Ron

• Advertisement

Great stuff guys, keep the interest coming. Need sax, keys and vocals. Get in touch, this is looking good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 C.E.Mac

Hey there,

I'm a 34 yr old guitarist living in Dublin 12. I've played a lot of rock and metal in the past but have a huge flair for the blues. I recently bought a sweet vintage guitar and amp with a super sexy dirty blues tone and am itching for a chance to jam out with some cool musicians. :)

oh yeah. I also sing lead or backing vocals as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 marieconniffe

Hey,

I know you said you had a female singer, but just thought I'd register my interest nonetheless.

I love singing the blues, I love pretty much everyone on your list.

To get an idea of my voice, please go to my website

http://www.marieconniffe.com

Thanks,

Marie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maureen Aku Disu

Hi,

I am interested. I know this tread is a bit old but just thought I should show my interest just in case you are still searching. I am a singer song writer.

I will tell you more about myself.. just let me know if you are still searching...
    here is a link to one of my songs written and sang by me.. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgndnvTbsvNvIoCH9eQswfQ?feature=watch

cheers

Advertisement