If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

Dependent Parents

  • 11-09-2012 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

    My parents are retired and recieve the state pension.

    This doesn't cover their various bills, health costs etc which are unavoidable unfortunately. I am helping them with these costs. This is not likely to change in the future.

    Are there any tax reliefs available for me in this case, having dependent parents?
    I had a look on the citizeninformation site but didn't find anything.

    I am not living with them so I don't care for them in the 'carer' sense, they can still manage just fine.