Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70.3 Worlds - 09th Sept

Options
  • 07-09-2012 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere showing coverage of this apart from IMLive?

Who do we fancy to take the top spots?

I reckon Raelert & Crowie battling it out for 1st on the mens with Naeth and Cave for the ladies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

I'll be watching on IM Live also.

Think Tim O'Donnell has a great shot, but also there's a lot that could be close.

In fairness, Crowie has had a similar year to last year, kept head down, done a few races and kicked ass in them, and head down again prior to 70.3 Worlds and Kona.
    Hard to bet against him in any shape.

I'd say it should be close and a couple of surprises at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭Ceepo

He won't make the podium but Waterford's Robbie Wade is in the field for this,
    Nice to see an Irish man in the Pro field

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

Just checked out imlive.com and it had nothing to do with swim, bike, run :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Didn't realise Bozzone had pulled out of the Worlds. One of the topics discussed last week was would he / wouldn't he turn up to Galway as the amount of travel involved from Brazil to Galway and back to Vegas was huge and would place a toll on the body.

Looks like he took his chances in putting Galway ahead of his Worlds race. He sinuses have flared up, probably due to the amount of trans-atlantic flights.

From Ironman.com:

A statement from Terenzo Bozzone:
    "It is with great regret that I have to announce that due a sinus infection I am going to have to pull out of the Ironman 70.3 World Champs.

My training has been on track and recent results have been very positive - I have been feeling very fit and strong, but I think maybe I made one too many Trans-Atlantic fights - blocked ears and airways do not bode well for a fast race...

I am desperately disappointed to have to withdraw from this race but I wouldn't have been doing myself any favours, either in the race or long term, to line up with such an incredible line up of Pro Triathletes knowing I was not going to be able to breathe properly.

The race this weekend is going to be amazing with every 70.3 world champion standing on the start line among a bunch of other athletes who are having amazing years. I wish them and everyone else competing the very best of luck and I look forward to seeing you all battling it out over the amazing course here in Las Vegas.

I have managed to tick a couple big boxes these past 2 weeks which I know will be a stepping stone to much greater results in the near future. I am going to rest up and get healthy, then plan my attack on the last part of the triathlon season and finish on a high."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

I guess the reality is that from a business point of view what he did was a smarter decison given that he hasnt been at his best this year. Its quite likely that the appearance fees in Brazil and Galway are higher than the prize money he could make in vegas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Seriously quick pace on the swim in Vegas ! Looks like a gorgeous place to have an ironman !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Great race by Seb, pure savage riding on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Yes was a great race, he showed awesome turn of power on that cycle !! blew them all away, looked very comfortable on the run also though. Alexander was hugely gracious in defeat also admitting he did everything he could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    Yes was a great race, he showed awesome turn of power on that cycle !! blew them all away, looked very comfortable on the run also though. Alexander was hugely gracious in defeat also admitting he did everything he could.
    He looked abs awesome on the bike... high cadence and serious power...so impressive... he came 2nd in Frankfurt this yr ran by me on lap 4 while i was on 1...looked like he was jogging at 4mins per km...he went 8 12 i think...saw him at the awards very humble...and well liked among all...man to watch for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

a pic says more than 1000 words

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=487967154547991&set=a.142270115784365.25449.135975909747119&type=1&theater

when he passed the leading peloton it looked like he was lapping slow age groupers....

good for the sport to have guys like him .

• Advertisement
Advertisement