Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdest thing while training

Options
  • 06-09-2012 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

I have seen this conversation in other places so was wondering what is the weirdest\strangest thing you have come across or seen out training.

Personally 2 that do stand out in my mind, while out mountain biking many moons ago we came across a couple during a bit of adult fun, he was far from impressed but it did give us something to laugh at for the rest of the spin

And while in the states out for a morning cycle apart for a load of new species of road kill, I came across a decapitated deer, the body was intact and the head cleanly removed, Something you don’t see every day.

anyone else :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I used to run early in the morning and late at night in the phoenix park. It took me a while to realise why so many middle age men would appear suddenly from bushes looking guilty when I'd do the hills around the furry glen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

A few years ago on the bike, about 6.30am, just beyond the Sally Gap (Laragh side), myself and a buddy came across four skangers, off their faces and wandering around, looking for the nearest shop.

Given the nearest shop was about 13km away and closed, it was unclear how they ended up in the middle of nowhere.

Having fended them off from trying to grab the bikes, we headed on down towards Laragh, passing a smouldering car shell about 5km further on.

Standard Saturday night out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Out for an early, misty, dark, pre-dawn run one morning with the world to myself I was surprised to suddenly meet a Scot in full kilt coming out of the mist walking towards town from the suburbs.................
    after a few seconds the penny dropped when I realised there was an international rugby match on that weekend and he must have been 'entertained' and sent on his way. Probably not uncommon in Dublin but not so much around Limerick :)

I also heard about this weird group of people who get up at unearthly hours of the morning to go to the middle of nowhere :rolleyes:
    Izoard wrote: »
    A few years ago on the bike, about 6.30am, just beyond the Sally Gap (Laragh side)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Swim training with Tango & co a while back and in walks Tunney with these speedos that would fit on a child and not on an untrained "chunky" guy. Hilarous at the time but not nice to look at either, that sort of stuff should really be kept behind closed doors for nobody to see.
    I think he has retired them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Swim training with Tango & co a while back and in walks Tunney with these speedos that would fit on a child and not on an untrained "chunky" guy. Hilarous at the time but not nice to look at either, that sort of stuff should really be kept behind closed doors for nobody to see.
    I think he has retired them now.

Did I mention I'm leaving work around 1600 today? Lovely weather out too.

Anyone seen JB "swim"? Now THAT'S funny. Especially when someone dives in to rescue him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I was only out yesterday and I went past a King Charles roadkill. He was well gone so I kept running. I came back that way about ten minutes later and what must have been the owner was on his knees pumping the dogs chest with his wife and daughter in the car crying.

I was running intervals and having looked at the dog on my way by earlier he was long dead, I didn't know what to say to him so I just kept going past him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Probably for me the weirdest thing I have seen while training was the passed out drunk who was laying in the brush under some trees in my field. Startled the crap out of me and ruined my run. Because I didn't know if he was alive or dead when I discovered him (I was NOT going to touch him!), I called the police to come assess the situation. Once they got him roused, they took him away in handcuffs and charged him with drunk in public and trespassing. He now frequents our clinic with his dad's two cats while wearing ladies belts in vibrant colors.

Advertisement