Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern String Quartets -- any out there?

Options
  • 04-09-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭

I'm planning an event and we had a mad idea to have a string quartet playing for the guest reception, but we want them to play hip hop & modern pop music rather than the usual. I've had a good Google and can't really find anyone in Ireland that does it... anyone in (or know of) a quartet that might be willing to add some fun numbers to their repertoire for us?

Any ideas much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Does it have to be a quartet, as in would a duo be sufficient? Also where is the event on?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭miniroar

at my friends wedding he had a four piece string quar and just asked them afew weeks before the wedding to play stuff like the a-team tune,entersandman etc, i'm sure if you ask any with enough time they'll accomodate a few songs for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

You could try getting in touch with some of Attenton Bebe.
    They may be able to sort something out with you.

https://www.facebook.com/attentionbebe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Try Contempo, they are very versatile and talented.

Advertisement