Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A month in- Everyone Cool?

Options
  • 30-08-2012 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭

The new Forum is a month old. Hows the form? Its certainly busy enough to have warranted a home of its own? Do many of you bother with the Jogging Forum these days? :) The wheels are in motion also for a bit of help on the Modding, so for now thank you to the folk who report stuff and PM relevant stuff.

And to be an unbiased Mod, 3 tris and 3 ARs done this year :)

Just for a bit of fun... if the Forum had a committe or a council or a Fellowship of the Ring... who would fill what roles? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

The new Forum is a month old. Hows the form? Its certainly busy enough to have warranted a home of its own? Do many of you bother with the Jogging Forum these days? :) The wheels are in motion also for a bit of help on the Modding, so for now thank you to the folk who report stuff and PM relevant stuff.

Just for a bit of fun... if the Forum had a committe or a council or a Fellowship of the Ring... who would fill what roles? :D

Amphibian king west for equipment officer anyway!
    Jackyback can be in charge of fishing and marine life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Scribe would have to be RedB but then again he might never finish scribing!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Amphibian king west for equipment officer anyway!
    Jackyback can be in charge of fishing and marine life.

At least i have placed unreliable seafood the evening of a goal race on the agenda, thats my contribution to the forum. Beware of the killer prawns!!

Cannot believe you missed out on the obvious, MCOS set it up well, intentionally or not;)

A few off the top of my head
    Mcos - in charge of the biscuit tin
    BTH - all things sun and tanning related
    RacoonQueen - Running shoes/shopping/cake baking
    Oryx - tri apparel and how to look cool while racing
    Tunney - haribo expert and wine connoisseur
    Peter Kern - foreign relationships officer
    Dory Dory - Motivational officer
    Me - shoe wedges, high heels, shellfish expert

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Totem animals:

Mcos - Lemming
    BTH - Lizard
    RacoonQueen - Duh. Raccoon
    Oryx - Double Duh. Oryx (or other horny antelope)
    Tunney - Bichon Frise
    Kurt Godel - Bald eagle
    RedB - Giraffe
    Elvis Jones - Bison
    Shell to Run - Fox
    Dory Dory - Dolphin
    JB - Yorkshire Terrier
    Peter Kern - Meerkat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

We are missing a naked polo-girl pic subforum. Can I suggest Dory as its moderator?

Other than that all is good (in particular its fantastic to read all the training logs hitherto lost in the ART mire).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

yeah im loving the fact all the logs are of a common theme rather than having to search through loads ive no interest in. no longer do i have to go back 2 or 3 pages sometimes to find them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Dude.

We cool.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

All good.

Finding the switching back and forth to the A/R thread a bit tiresome. Maybe it could become a sub-forum of T/D/A ?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Ok going to be pedantic here

Was it not supposed to be the triathlon forum with Duathlon and Adventure racing as sub forums?

Ok going to be pedantic here

Was it not supposed to be the triathlon forum with Duathlon and Adventure racing as sub forums?
    I think thats overkill tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

I still think ye all are scary :p so I usually stay out of the conversations on the main page. I really enjoy the logs though.

Solobally8 wrote: »
    I still think ye all are scary :p so I usually stay out of the conversations on the main page. I really enjoy the logs though.
    Surely you don't include Dory in that? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Oryx wrote: »
    Surely you don't include Dory in that? :)

Of course not :) Maybe scary is the wrong word, intimidating probably because it's all still so new to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

A T/D/AR off topic thread might be a nice idea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBz2n3OornqJJzQb1wnkKiNnVXMI8UnuB9ufmtLmxBrgPPTvY3

JB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I didn;t think JB was that tall???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

I think it's going very well. The training logs are much improved, I'm reading much more of them than before the split.

Just two things, what is 'traithlon'? And why is it included in the subtitle of the Training Logs forum along with duathlon and adventure racing?

Also can you issue people with warnings if they ever reference things in miles or yards as opposed to kilometres or metres?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

zico10 wrote: »
    I think it's going very well. The training logs are much improved, I'm reading much more of them than before the split.

Just two things, what is 'traithlon'? And why is it included in the subtitle of the Training Logs forum along with duathlon and adventure racing?

It's where the logs of traitors go.
    zico10 wrote: »
    Also can you issue people with warnings if they ever reference things in miles or yards as opposed to kilometres or metres?

:mad:

Advertisement