Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hy Vee Triathlon - Live Stream Sunday pm

Options
  • 30-08-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

2 x epic races to watch on Sunday IMO.

Hyvee is Olympic distance non drafting event, big sponsors, athletes must qualify even the pro's and offers $151,500 for male and female winners each.
    Huge prize money.

Female

- Nicola Spirig
    - Lisa Norden
    - Melissa Rollison
    - Leanda Cave

Male

- Alistair Brownlee
    - Javier Gomez
    - Chris McCormack
    - Tim O'Donnell

Hard not to favour the Olympic medalists in fairness.
    Great chance to see where their bike split shapes up against other typical 70.3 guys etc though.
    Macca on back of Kona camp so unlikely to be a priority but should still have speed and his bike split may be interesting also.

Live feed online.

I make it 6 hours behind Irish time.

So females off at 7pm Irish time

Males off at 10pm Irish Time.

http://www.hy-veetriathlon.com/live-event.aspx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Hard to see past AB especially with NDraft and i think Norden will reverse the 1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Apparently it's pretty damn close to drafting. I was reading a post by rappstar over on ST and he reckons AB would be better off on road bike. Post 6 on the link.

Should be a cracking race. I thought Spirig wasn't racing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

more than twice the prize money of hawaii and I think 8 times as much than the 70.3 world champs ,just class.
    paid out till 30th place so no pro is going to lose money if they finish so I expect no DNF.

Will be interesting to see who gets the 3rd place in each race.
    Male ozplay or dom , females haskins or gross would be my main pick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Always a great race, one of my fav all time races was Tim Dons victory here. He put in a very gutsy run and just about held it together!

Jennifer Tetrick has special skills with putting a chain back on! Anyone watching this???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

....Should there be a "chasing pack" in a non-drafting race??

There are still benefits to work in packs legally. Not sure the distance they are supposed to be apart here but even at 10m there are small benefits. The main benefit can be pacing eachother and working together to push on. I know i got into a pack in Austria 70.3 2011. There were about 8 or us and all rode legally and it helped me keep focused and stopped me spiking here and there.

Mens kicking off in 5mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

who won the womens race?

i presume macca was serving a drafting penalty there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Daz1214 wrote: »
    who won the womens race?

Lisa Norden,
    Sarah Haskins
    Jodie Stimpson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

big result for Jodie

Bambaata wrote: »
    i presume macca was serving a drafting penalty there?

Hard to say, coverage is crap. Makes you appreciate the ITU race coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Hard to say, coverage is crap. Makes you appreciate the ITU race coverage.

Goes some way to answering the draft/nondrafting question. There's no doubt that the drafting races make a better spectacle and are far easier to provide TV coverage for.

They should take 100k from that prize fund and put some cameras around the course. It was awful viewing, worse listening. That Tetrick episode with the chain off her bike was comical! She didn't know what to do to put it back on.

Thats what i cannot understand for such a big race with sponsors, stacked field and large prize money on offer why could they not put a few motorbike cameras on the course rather than fixed cameras panning in/out.

Advertisement