Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clogherhead Triathlon

Options
  • 29-08-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Can anybody tell me what kind of swim start is used here for the sprint? Is it 1 big wave? Or will there be smaller waves split by gender etc.

The reason I ask is because a friend wants to do the race and asked me to do it too and basically swim beside her during the swim as its her first race and she is quiet nervous.

Cheers,
    -B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Beach start.
    Info about the race here

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Thanks for the link 911sc.

But is it a mass start or is there waves? I cannot find an answer to that question.

Many Thanks,
    -B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

Briando wrote: »
    Thanks for the link 911sc.

But is it a mass start or is there waves? I cannot find an answer to that question.

Many Thanks,
    -B

Hey B,
    I've done it over the past two years. It's usually done in waves. Two years ago there were three mixed waves all starting on the beach (not sure how they work it out).
    Last year there was a rip tide so the swim was cancelled in favour of a 2.5km run at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mr PB

Hi,

Does anybody have a transfer for this race.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Looking for Entry myself - if anybody can help me out appreciate it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement