Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Felt TT bikes

Options
  • 29-08-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I have a 2009 Felt B2 Pro. I've had a lot of headset and fork issues with it. Long story short I have the option of a framset upgrade. The options are a DA1 or B2 (both 2012 models). The price difference between the DA1 and B2 is €600. I'm looking for some feedback on the models. Anyone with experience of a Felt B2 and/or DA1?

Is the DA1 worth the extra €600?

Would someone like me notice any benefit/difference between a DA1 and a B2?

Thanks in advance.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭Ceepo

pgibbo wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have a 2009 Felt B2 Pro. I've had a lot of headset and fork issues with it. Long story short I have the option of a framset upgrade. The options are a DA1 or B2 (both 2012 models). The price difference between the DA1 and B2 is €600. I'm looking for some feedback on the models. Anyone with experience of a Felt B2 and/or DA1?

Is the DA1 worth the extra €600?

Would someone like me notice any benefit/difference between a DA1 and a B2?

Thanks in advance.

P.

Don't. Know if there is a big difference between them, but one if mate's had the DA and got a lot of problems with the head set, he ended up changing from Felt altogether, I think it was a common problem with Felt,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

It does seem to be a common problem on the earlier Bayonet systems but apparently these issues have been resolved.

I hadn't really thought about switching brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Didn't realise 'til now that Felt had headset problems, but now that you mention, I've had issues with the headset on my roadbike (Felt F4).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

If you win races and you have the money to spare, go for DA, otherwise safe the 600. you will not notice the difference really. 10 or so secs over 40 k max ( iam guessing here and it depends on many factors)

my 2 cent worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

peter kern wrote: »
    If you win races and you have the money to spare, go for DA, otherwise safe the 600. you will not notice the difference really. 10 or so secs over 40 k max ( iam guessing here and it depends on many factors)

my 2 cent worth.

The crazy German has a point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement