Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon Club North Dublin

Options
  • 26-08-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Bit of advice needed. I'm looking to start training for Triathlons. I do a fair bit of running and cycling and have recently started swimming. I'm finding the swimming tough, its taking a while to build up stamina, I can swim 1k, but with a lot of breaks. This is stopping me going to a club, I doubt I'd be able to keep up in group swims, I have to keep stopping every 100m or so. Anyway, starting some swim lessons tomorrow night to try to improve that. Once I'm happy I can swim up and down the pool a good few times I think I'll be ready to head down to a club.

So, Fingal Tri club looks to be the nearest one to me, I live in Swords, Dublin. Anyone recommend that club or another nearby?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Northside you have Fingal, ActiveMultisport and 3D.

I think the most important thing is to choose the one that you are able to make the most training sessions (times and locations suit you) if that's your reason for joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Also have any made a deal with the devil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

I like the sound of that deal.

Looks like Fingal suits me best. Is now a good time to join, its the end of the Tri season right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

StaggerLee wrote: »
    I like the sound of that deal.

Looks like Fingal suits me best. Is now a good time to join, its the end of the Tri season right?

Great time to join, winter training will be starting !!

Tiny Dave from here is a member their.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Don't bother, rejoin the band, you guys weren't bad at all! ;)

(Assuming you username is related to the band of the same name tipping around in the mid- 00's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

tunney wrote: »
    Also have any made a deal with the devil :)

I'm in a similar situation to the OP (looking to join a club) but I've a fair idea who I plan to join over the winter post DCM.
    I want names Tunney.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Check out Fingal Tri on Facebook... seem like a good bunch with great club spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Hey, i live in Swords too and joined Fingal this year.

Great club with some great people.

PM me if you need any details on training etc.

jester1980 wrote: »
    Hey, i live in Swords too and joined Fingal this year.

Great club with some great people.

PM me if you need any details on training etc.

Ya that Tiny Dave;)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭tinydave

Who is TinyDave :p

• Advertisement

tinydave wrote: »
    Who is TinyDave :p

I meant to say it to you last night your fine club was being mentioned here !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Can you join a tri club and just attend the odd session? My job has crazy hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

PoleStar wrote: »
    Can you join a tri club and just attend the odd session? My job has crazy hours.

Yep, we don't have any attendance requirements and some members (including some on here) don't train with us at all.

Advertisement