Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kit: Finis tempo trainer

Options
  • 25-08-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Has/does anyone use the finis tempo trainer? Seems like it might be useful for working on pacing faster long swim sets without wasting time at turns trying to check the clock to see if you're ahead/behind pace.. also like the idea of having a metronome to keep you honest towards the end of a session. Or is it just a gimmick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Funnily enough the Swim Smooth book has put the same idea into my head. I think it has to help with stroke timing especially if you are solo training without a coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I count "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8"

Keeps your stroke in time and plus it can be used in races!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I use a wetrenome on some of my 50s and 100s and find it helpful. I wouldn't use it for a full session though. Use it to get a feel for the timing of the stroke rate or pace you want and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

tunney wrote: »
    I count "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8"

Keeps your stroke in time and plus it can be used in races!

I usually do "1-2-3-4".. I've a short attention span :)

Never sure how lazy I'm getting at the end of the session though.. I tend to count to make me pay attention to technique and not just start windmilling my arms; but that doesn't necessarily help with getting pacing right, ie. hit times on the first few 100s/200s/400s and then fall off later in the session.. is that from not being fit enough, or from swimming the earlier ones at inconsistent pace.

Advertisement