Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Sword 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I read down as far as "Knight" ($250 donation) and thought wow, that's a lot of money.

And then I kept reading down the page. There are 4 more tiers after that!

Fun video too.... make sure you watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'm going to throw down $100 on it it. About €80 I'd say. I'd usually spend that on a collectors edition, and I'd rather the physical copy and extras. Although I'd love the printed History and Design Document, I'll just print that myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Ahhh yes !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,618 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Do ya think Bank of Ireland would gimme a loan of 10 grand if I told them it was for the Broken Sword Grand Master package?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Do ya think Bank of Ireland would gimme a loan of 10 grand if I told them it was for the Broken Sword Grand Master package?

Technically you would only need €8000 so you should be grand ;)

Really hoping that this gets published and loved the broken sword series. That a lie actually... I loved the series up to the second game but then they went 3D and it sort of lost its charm so delighted they are going back to their roots.

Here's hoping there aren't any goats in this!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

I may actually donate. I loved the first two games. The first one has the better story and locations though.

Never liked the 3D games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

FFS a series like Broken Sword should not need to use kickstarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ShaneU wrote: »
    FFS a series like Broken Sword does not need to use kickstarter.

Doesnt need to but plenty of advantages to doing it since it takes publishers out of the equation and is like a giant pre-order system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I stand to be a broken sword grandmaster if it reaches its funding. You might be able to see my picture in the game.
    Not really, I'm lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

Doesnt need to but plenty of advantages to doing it since it takes publishers out of the equation and is like a giant pre-order system.

And how many publishers would look at a 2D point and click adventure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

They seem to have turned down "the biggest third party publisher" and decided to go the crowd-funded route. A lot of developers I would see this as just pandering but I would believe Revolution would do it

http://www.edge-online.com/news/biggest-thirdparty-publisher-wanted-broken-sword-5

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I take back what I said in the previous thread about budgets.

VIVA REVOLUTION!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Almost $140k after Day 1 of 30. Very impressive..... you have to expect that they'll hit their target at this rate (unless things slow down drastically).

Mr E wrote: »
    Almost $140k after Day 1 of 30. Very impressive..... you have to expect that they'll hit their target at this rate (unless things slow down drastically).

I'm very happy that it seems to have been very well recieved and hope that it makes it

Also it seems to be getting a lot more publicity this way (from looking on popular gaming sites) then if it was just announced at E3 for example and released as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Just up to 186,667. no one has gone for the 5K or 10k yet with 4 paid for 1K.
    Its looking good for the game and hope its better when the last one

Feel like playing the 1st one again so looked it up not none are on PSN but a Directors cut was released for Android and Nintendo DS. The Android one doesn't work on my phone, and the DS one has no voice acting in it (seriously!) Having problems with my Tablet at the moment but when its fixed, gonna buy the Android one.

Anyone played the Android version?

Feel like playing the 1st one again so looked it up not none are on PSN but a Directors cut was released for Android and Nintendo DS. The Android one doesn't work on my phone, and the DS one has no voice acting in it (seriously!) Having problems with my Tablet at the moment but when its fixed, gonna buy the Android one.

You can get them cheap on Steam or GoG.com.

Ah was either looking for a psn version or mobile version for sitting on the couch relaxing. Think il pledge 15 dollars, 12 euro is well worth it but never usefd kickstarter. Does money only come out of my account if they reach their target?

Ah was either looking for a psn version or mobile version for sitting on the couch relaxing. Think il pledge 15 dollars, 12 euro is well worth it but never usefd kickstarter. Does money only come out of my account if they reach their target?
    Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Came out out he Wii as well. Not sure about the android version but ya can't go wrong for 1.99.

• Advertisement

This is now up to $317,200 of its $400,000 target and it still has 23 days to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Passed the $400k mark today. They've announced some stretch goals. If they reach $1 million, BASS 2 will be greenlit...

Stretch_goal_Map_3.png

And here was me thinking BASS2 was the next Charles Cecil/Dave Gibbons joint.

For the 800k mark...
    The Broken Sword universe is full of colourful, beloved characters ... we can add dastardly antagonists and bring back old favourites such as Pearl, Duane, and many more. Do you want to see the return of the infamous goat? If we reach this target, you can! Of course these characters will come with lively dialogue, intriguing puzzles, and hidden Easter eggs that we know you love. Furthermore, we will add a Director’s commentary option. Reaching this goal would allow us to stretch beyond what we thought was possible. With your support, we will be able to realise our wildest ambitions for Broken Sword: the Serpent’s Curse!

:eek:

I really would love BASS2 though. First one was great.

I want george to go back to ireland!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

THAT GOAT! Many hours of frustration.......

BASS2.....gggaaaahhhhh, I wish I was a gaming millionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,655 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Stupid bloody goat, I never did figure out how to get passed him.

That's amazing news about BASS 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

What are people's opinions on the targets?

Honestly....can't see them reaching 1,000,000, but 800,000 is possible, but it will be close. Unless word spreads of BASS2 and people start donating more.

Then again, if this is successful, perhaps it will lead on to BASS2 regardless? Apologies, I'm a little inebriated and this is a slightly rambling post.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What are people's opinions on the targets?

Honestly....can't see them reaching 1,000,000, but 800,000 is possible, but it will be close. Unless word spreads of BASS2 and people start donating more.

Then again, if this is successful, perhaps it will lead on to BASS2 regardless? Apologies, I'm a little inebriated and this is a slightly rambling post.
    I'd say BASS2 would go through a similar process, the 1,000,000 would just green light it without the need for a publisher to green light it.

A little over an hour left on this if anyone is still interested in pledging.

Over $760,000 pledged on the Kickstarter page, and another $46,000 through PayPal, so over $800,000 in total.

Doesn't look like BASS2 is getting green-lit, but I doubt it's the last we'll hear of it.

• Advertisement

Doesn't look like BASS2 is getting green-lit, but I doubt it's the last we'll hear of it.
    That was quick :)

Advertisement