Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lookin thro the vortex into the darkish side

Options
  • 21-08-2012 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭

1k to spend.....what bike and what shop..........................pleasepleaseplease dont tell mrs um1 ,as shes not getting dat boob job i always wanted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Get yourself a decent mountain bike for the off-season?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Might need to lock the forum down and go PRIVATE - MEMBERS ONLY for these kind of discussions! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

ultraman1 wrote: »
    1k to spend.....what bike and what shop..........................pleasepleaseplease dont tell mrs um1 ,as shes not getting dat boob job i always wanted

Go for the bike, you'd only get fairly small boobs for €1k.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It even has a seat for jackyback on the back!

Fatherhood%20-%20pink%20bike.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

It'll be hard to get a carbon frame bike for that money, so you're looking at Alu frame, but you should get carbon forks. In terms of groupsets, you're probably looking at Shimano 105, but a little extra would get you the better Ultegra. I think if you're going to spend a grand on a bike, you're as well off spending a little extra to get Ultegra gears- but it's a slippery slope!

To get an idea of what the reviewers are saying have a look here:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/article/best-road-bikes-under-1000-29719

Wiggle or Chain Reaction Cycles is always worth checking out to benchmark
    against your local bike shop. Sometimes the year end is a good time to buy end 2012 models. I got the end 2011 of this Beone Race Road bike for E1200, here's the lesser-specced Beone Storm for E1000. Very happy with my CRC purchase, although I'd recommend getting a LBS fit or service after a month.

I knew exactly what you know about bikes, a year ago, so take any advice FWIW. Plenty of people will suggest your LBS is a better choice for the longer-term.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

It even has a seat for jackyback on the back!

Fatherhood%20-%20pink%20bike.jpg
    u can take off ur nipple tassels from the handle bars and its mine....

Advertisement