Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike question

Options
  • 16-08-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting into triathalons next year..was wondering about bikes. Do i need a racer to do my self justice or would my lightweight trek hybrid with bull horn handlebars be fine?

Dont think i'll be challenging the leaders but would like to be resonably competetive.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If the bike is only for tri and training, buy a proper road bike (racer). If you want a bike mainly for general use and commutes, consider the hybrid. If you get seriously into tri, you won't want to be on a hybrid, they aren't really used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I suggest using your hybrid For your first (few) tri(s), find out if you like it or not and if you do you will come to the natural conclusion we all came to at some point i.e. I need/would like a nice road bike. But be prepared, that's just the start of the spending :)

Advertisement