Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple problem but no solution...

Options
  • 14-08-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Simple and to the point, The style of handlebars on my bike are prominently flat along the top. About an inch before they meet the stem they turn circular like most traditional bike handlebars.

This is creating an awful problem for me as the clip on aero bars I have on it have to sit right beside each side of the stem as they wont clip on to a flat section of the handlebar, the clips do not allow it. This leaves the gap between each aero bar only 3 inches, meaning my arms are far to cramped across the centre of my chest. This leads to a heck of a lot of neck and shoulder pain, and an uncomfortable ride.

All of the clip on areo's ive looked at online come with standard clips for a circular handlebar, and ive seen none that are compatible with a flat handlebar.

Do they exist? Is there any other type of aero bar out there that could widen where my arms sit and spread the gap open a bit more but still clip on to a circular handlebar?

:confused:

PS - question, How far apart are your aero bars in width?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

New handlebar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

subscriber wrote: »
    Simple and to the point, The style of handlebars on my bike are prominently flat along the top. About an inch before they meet the stem they turn circular like most traditional bike handlebars.

This is creating an awful problem for me as the clip on aero bars I have on it have to sit right beside each side of the stem as they wont clip on to a flat section of the handlebar, the clips do not allow it. This leaves the gap between each aero bar only 3 inches, meaning my arms are far to cramped across the centre of my chest. This leads to a heck of a lot of neck and shoulder pain, and an uncomfortable ride.

All of the clip on areo's ive looked at online come with standard clips for a circular handlebar, and ive seen none that are compatible with a flat handlebar.

Do they exist? Is there any other type of aero bar out there that could widen where my arms sit and spread the gap open a bit more but still clip on to a circular handlebar?

:confused:

PS - question, How far apart are your aero bars in width?

http://www.syntace.com/index.cfm?pid=3&pk=349 the widest i can think about on top of my head should give you 1,5 more inch
    there should be a lot of those floating around 2nd hand ( especially in germany as they once had about 80 % market share in germany)

Advertisement