Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duathlon's

Options
  • 10-08-2012 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Just a general discussion on duathlon's. For the people that cannot swim, would you say there is a lack of duathlon events especially in the west of the country?

5k - 20k - 5k events or even longer ones, maybe 10k -30k-10k?

I know there is GFW and more adventure events but for simple duathlon's???

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭woody1

harlequin..even though it is touted as an adventure duathlon.. the adventure is running up a mountain on a semi-road ..

other than that some clubs tend to run their own duathlons early in the year..

liquid motion in ballina run a series of 4 or 5 i think ... but you have to be a member..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Tri Lakes do a few duathlons in Feb-Apr timeframe and Predator sometimes do also. Western Lakes / The Marrey's usually have a few too and I wouldn't be surprised to see Cunga CC running a few next year as they recently held one in Cong.

Other than the ones mentioned above and the previous posts it's Limerick which is a fair jaunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DriverMad

Thanks for the replies...

Its a wonder Cunga, Trilakes, Western lakes cc, Predator and maybe Galway Tri don't get together a do a series of them. Might be an idea?

I know some club in Connemara do on in Carraroe also.. I guess it is all triathlon's around this time of the year.

Apologies, I forgot about the TriSport duathlon.

Tri Lakes and Predator did run a series together last year but it didn't happen this year for some reason. As with a tri in Galway city it's difficult to find a suitable duathlon route. It would be good if all the clubs came together but finding someone to pull it all together is the key. There's quite an ovelrap in members between the Cycling and Tri Clubs as it is.

There was a duathlon in Headford a few weeks ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭woody1

also was one in ballinrobe on the 1st august for the festival

• Advertisement

woody1 wrote: »
    also was one in ballinrobe on the 1st august for the festival

Yes, that was organised by P Marrey

Advertisement