Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike conversion to TT problem.

Options
  • 08-08-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Allrite lads, Im in the middle of readjusting my road bike to a TT position but have ran into a bit of a problem.

I was planning to buy a forward seat post to set the saddle forward towards the tri bars more. Only problem is the only one I can see for sale on wiggle has a diameter of 27.2 mm, and by bike is built to take a 31.6mm seatpost.

Is there any clamps or inner tube cushions that I can buy to secure the smaller diameter seatpost into my frame??

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/profile-fast-forward-carbon-seat-post/
    http://www.cube.eu/en/road/performance/peloton-race/

Many Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭wotdef

You can get shims that will do the job for you. Have seen them on CRC. About €7 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

wotdef wrote: »
    You can get shims that will do the job for you. Have seen them on CRC. About €7 I think.

So would I be choosing a shim based on the diameter of the new seatpost or based on the diameter of the tubing on the bike??

So if my bike takes a 31.6mm seatpost, would I be choosing a 31.6 shim and then settling the new seatpost into the shim or would I be getting a shim the same diameter as the new seatpost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭wotdef

Tried to paste the link on phone. Taking too long. On CRC do a search for seatpost shims. The first one is a USE thermoplastic shim. The first number is your seatpost size and the 2nd one is your seat tube size. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

wotdef wrote: »
    Tried to paste the link on phone. Taking too long. On CRC do a search for seatpost shims. The first one is a USE thermoplastic shim. The first number is your seatpost size and the 2nd one is your seat tube size. Hope this helps.

That' s great, thanks a million.

Have the seatpost and the shim ordered now. :)

Advertisement