Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Wake Up light

Options
  • 06-08-2012 11:40pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get one of these?

In an ideal world, it'd be in Ireland or UK to avoid messing with plugs, but would appreciate links from anywhere really.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jonosam

Anyone know where to get one of these?

In an ideal world, it'd be in Ireland or UK to avoid messing with plugs, but would appreciate links from anywhere really.

Cheers

Boots and Argos have them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jonosam wrote: »
    Boots and Argos have them.

Can't seem to see any on the argos site, might give it a check in the catalogue tomorrow. Cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you know which model you want?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Price of that! :eek:. Though i need something that to wake me up in the morning forever hitting the snooze button lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I know! They're quite ridiculously expensive tbh! I was looking at a model with the USB, but im not 100% sold on it, so I would consider some of the lesser models too. It's just difficult to find places!

Pixnania could be a decent shout, although I wonder if it has a UK plug.

Thanks again lads really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I'm never worried about using EU plug here, you can plug in with a lil' bit of fiddling, but the UK plug is way too big use for EU sockets! The EU chargers with 2 pins small, handy but the 3 pin layout only takes up space.

padyjoe wrote: »
    I'm never worried about using EU plug here, you can plug in with a lil' bit of fiddling, but the UK plug is way too big use for EU sockets! The EU chargers with 2 pins small, handy but the 3 pin layout only takes up space.

Dont mean to go of topic here but I bought a Philips TV from pixmania last year and was shipped with a 2 pin plug without a fuse, does it matter that there is no fuse or should I put one on it?

First of all: it's your tv mate. But I don't see anything against 2 pin one, should be ok to use. Fuse won't protect you against voltage surge. If you're more happy with 3 pins, use that.

First of all: it's your tv mate. But I don't see anything against 2 pin one, should be ok to use. Fuse won't protect you against voltage surge. If you're more happy with 3 pins, use that.

It plugged into an extension lead so never gets unplugged, extension lead is has a surge protector built in so I should be ok correct?

• Advertisement

You are safe then. Don't worry about the pins!

You are safe then. Don't worry about the pins!

Not the pins i was worried about it was having no fuse.

No worry over fuse either!

Ok thanks!

I know! They're quite ridiculously expensive tbh! I was looking at a model with the USB, but im not 100% sold on it, so I would consider some of the lesser models too. It's just difficult to find places!

Pixnania could be a decent shout, although I wonder if it has a UK plug.

Thanks again lads really appreciate it!

If you want the usb model go via amazon and nightlines NI parcel motel address.

Another option for older model:> http://www.brighterday.ie/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=38&product_id=57

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I bought one off amazon uk at Christmas during the lightning deals (no pun!), definitely one of the best purchases I've made as I actually do wake up alert and in a good mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

which one did you get phantomsmask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0044YO9BE?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links The USB one HF3485 model, it was reduced to £66 in the lightning deals. To be fair I haven't really used the radio or USB end of things so can't comment on those but I really can't fault the light alarm in any way, I've even woken up feeling relatively good at 4am using it which is no small achievement considering the difficulty I had trying to wake before using my phone as an alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 keithmiketom

I have had one for two years, it's been great, until today when hte buttons stopped working, its the HF3480 model. Any ideas what I could do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Fergm posted a link to flubit.com in bargain alerts.

*What i think that site does, is finds it cheaper than you have found it, so it should find the cheapest you can find, but cheaper.

I'm wondering if i tried their link in 24 hours would they find it cheaper again..?

I doubt they point to the cheapest first, unless they have no alternative..

*Sorry if that was unclear.. try flubit.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Cliona2012

Anyone see a deal on these recently?
    We all should have them!

Cliona2012 wrote: »
    Anyone see a deal on these recently?
    We all should have them!

They come up every so often on www.ibood.ie

Amazon also have them, there is a range of models now and more much easy to get now than when this thread started

Cool thanks.
    Do you have one yourself?
    I see 2 on amazon.

Cliona2012 wrote: »
    Cool thanks.
    Do you have one yourself?
    I see 2 on amazon.

I do :)

Which one do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Yes I in milfield has this type of alarm clock that has a radio pictures and also your voice. ? It was stange but reduced to twenty euro ??

cathy01 wrote: »
    Yes I in milfield has this type of alarm clock that has a radio pictures and also your voice. ? It was stange but reduced to twenty euro ??

?

Advertisement