Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet Suit Recommendation

Options
  • 05-08-2012 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

Doing first Triathlon in September and need a wet suit.
    Willing to spend around €200 - €250 max

Any suggestions were I can get one?
    I'll obviously need to try it on so has to be a shop or do people just goto a shop and try them all on and buy online?

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

keith123 wrote: »
    Doing first Triathlon in September and need a wet suit.
    Willing to spend around €200 - €250 max

Any suggestions were I can get one?
    I'll obviously need to try it on so has to be a shop or do people just goto a shop and try them all on and buy online?

K.

Where are you based? No point recommending a Dublin shop if you are in Galway

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Don't do the try in a shop and buy online thing. Cos when you really need those shops they will no longer be there. Try on in a shop and haggle! I'd recommend base2race if in Dublin. I found them good tho they only stock a few ranges. You get to try the suit in their pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Where are you based? No point recommending a Dublin shop if you are in Galway

Yeah I'm in Dublin - base2race could be an option for me might try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Yep, I'd recommend Base2Race. Friendly, knowledgable staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

+1 b2r. They now stock Sailfish in addition to Tyr. Different manufacturers will have different fits. If you're between sizes in one brand, try the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

find out what you need and then look second hand. I know I've a few high end suits I could off load, I think everyone probably does!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Thanks for the advice on base2race - Anyone know how much the Sailfish wetsuits are?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

tunney wrote: »
    find out what you need and then look second hand. I know I've a few high end suits I could off load, I think everyone probably does!

I've been thinking that lads would have suits they no longer use. I'd be in the market for a better suit. I got an entry level Orca size 9 last year and with the weight loss its too big. I'm 80kg and 6ft so if anyone has a suit that would fit I'd be interested in purchasing.

Advertisement