Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] London 2012 Men's triathlon 07/08/2012 11:30

Options
  • 05-08-2012 7:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭

Well after that amazing finish to the ladies race yesterday it's the turn if the men on Tuesday morning. Despite it looking like a forgone conclusion I am still looking forward to watching pure class and excellence myself. That said...you never never know.

Not going to make any predictions just yet myself, I'll leave that until Tuesday morning But catching my eye for a bit of value - Gomez 10/1 and Justus 80/1!

So what are all you guys working going to do? Anyone take the day/morning off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

For me Murray to medal at 9/2 is the bet for me, not touching anything else in it. I will be recording and staying away from the internet/radio for the day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Another tempting one people may like - Alistair 1st, Gomez 2nd 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

I took the day off work myself looking forward to this one.

If Johnny wins I'm up a little bit of cash as had a double on Spirig and him.
    I'd love to see Ali completely wipe the floor and bury it though. It's just pure class when you see him in a different league of suffering on the run.

If no issues then really he should gap the field from early on run as seen so often.
    Anything can happen though.

Just lookin forward to seeing some relentless racing from everyone but in particular the 2 Brownlee's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

its hard to see past the Brownlee's but i think 3rd spot could go to several like gomez, brukankov, justus...in fact i think Richard Murray from South Africa could be a dark horse for bronze, he's been in great form this year so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

1. A. Brownlee
    2. J. Brownlee
    3. J. Gomez

Think this would be a fair reflection of the last couple of years too. The top two should be a cert but who knows with the Olympics. Gomez is the best of the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Ill be watching online at my desk. Screw work (hope they don't read this)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bombidal

http://www.oddschecker.com/olympics/triathlon/mens/brownlee-brothers-special

6/5 brownlee brothers 1-2 in any order is a great bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Have a small bet on Murray and Mola to finish in top three. Another morning on the patio for me - I couldn't have timed these holidays better :D

What live stream is the best to watch on, i tried to watch Katie Taylor on the RTE stream yesterday while in work and it was pants.
    Failing that trying to arrange an "out of office" meeting from 11.30 until after lunch:)

Finishing positions
    A.B
    J.B
    R.M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

I love the Mola bet ( what quote did you get for this and where)
    i will add riederer and a few pounds on justus
    but i hope the brownlees will get it I love the way they race triathlon and made draft legal racing interesting.
    and the Russians defo deserve a medal too and sponsorship.

looks like no wetsuit and good for murray amd mola

• Advertisement

peter kern wrote: »

Is it confirmed NW? I did not think Murray was front pack swim (just off) and would have assumed a wetsuit swim would have suited more.

What live stream is the best to watch on, i tried to watch Katie Taylor on the RTE stream yesterday while in work and it was pants.
    Failing that trying to arrange an "out of office" meeting from 11.30 until after lunch:)

I've had the RTE player live stream (not the link through RTE sport) running in the background (I swear!) for most of last week without any issues. Could just be a case of Dublin 2 vs Bog land broadband though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Hats off to the organizers - the venue was fantastic to watch the women's race - very easy to switch from watching "live" to moving to the big screens for the majority of the bike action.

If it is half as exciting as the women's race, it will be fantastic. Also, good to see BBC have wheeled out Chrissie for the punditry!

I love the Mola bet ( what quote did you get for this and where)
    i will add riederer and a few pounds on justus
    but i hope the brownlees will get it I love the way they race triathlon and made draft legal racing interesting.
    and the Russians defo deserve a medal too and sponsorship.

20's on betfair for top 3 bet, although into 15's now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Izoard wrote: »
    Also, good to see BBC have wheeled out Chrissie for the punditry!

I hope she's a bit better today as I thought she was a bit nervous on Saturday. To be expected as it was probably her first time doing anything like that. It probably didn't help that her co-host hadn't a clue.

I see Bryan Keane is going to be on RTE for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I fancy Murray to medal.

Why is it that Sutton doesn't have any male athletes at the Olympics?

pgibbo wrote: »
    I fancy Murray to medal.

Why is it that Sutton doesn't have any male athletes at the Olympics?

Peter Kern is his hero!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

I am just trying to think when I had my last hero.
    but i think it was Steffi Graff who's nose is as long as mine ;-)

pgibbo wrote: »
    I hope she's a bit better today as I thought she was a bit nervous on Saturday. To be expected as it was probably her first time doing anything like that. It probably didn't help that her co-host hadn't a clue.

I thought she was terrible. For someone who usually seems so accomplished in interviews she was jut waffling and not answering the questions that were asked. Hopefully it was nerves and she'll get the hang of this pundit lark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

do you have a link by any chance? Cant seem to find anything to get me in to view :confused:

• Advertisement

do you have a link by any chance? Cant seem to find anything to get me in to view :confused:

http://www.rte.ie/player/#l=10

Just watched my ex's little sis PB in the 5k :D

Looks like wetsuits.

Just watched my ex's little sis PB in the 5k :D

Fair play to her - nice to see someone outperforming for Ireland over there besides the boxers. Hope she gets in as fastest loser

Stupid bog land broadband, unwatchable. Need to stay off the net and avoid everyone until i see this later. I hope its a good race and no stupid crashes like in the ladies.
    Murray to win me loads of yo yo's please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Im predicting a Brownlee Sandwich for Gomez

1. Alastair
    2. Gomez
    3. Johnny

A couple of other bets too for 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Early days but Gavin Noble doing well in the swim!

What's his 10k time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, 15th out of the water I think.

Ouch, bloody sore crash, looked like the Canadian didn't have his shoe on correctly and slipped out as he hit the ramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Noble 15th out of swim.

Jonny out 6 seconds behind leader. Alastair 8 seconds.

12th out of T1.

Come on Gav. Fantastic stuff so far

• Advertisement

Bad crash there for Whitfield.

Advertisement