Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tropica 4

• 04-08-2012 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Keenan Proud Wheelbarrow

Hey guys I was recently searching through amazon when I cam across Tropica 4 now I like Strategy & RTS's but am not sure if I would like it and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on it as in will I enjoy it did u enjoy it and what's it like in general?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's a city building sim with a latin twist

each island/level will have a population of factions, nationalists/militarists/religious/capitalist/communists/etc/etc, different islands will have different amounts of each and as you try to do whatever you have to do in that level you have to balance keeping all the different factions happy as well as keeping the general population happy or citizens will join the rebels and try to overthrow you

it's great fun and gets pretty hard as it goes on as you have to play your islands layout ahead.... getting to a 1000population island and having your economy grind to a screeching halt a traffic jam is stopping your eamsters from delivering goods to the docks for sale is a pain int he ass and is bloody common if you didn't think ahead about how you were going to lay your city out

it's well worth getting. tropico 3 is also amazing, I kinda prefer it to tropico 4.. mainly for the excellent soundtrack and imo the missions were a little more fun. you could probably pick up tropico 3 + the expansion pack together pretty damn cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Keenan Proud Wheelbarrow

it's a city building sim with a latin twist

each island/level will have a population of factions, nationalists/militarists/religious/capitalist/communists/etc/etc, different islands will have different amounts of each and as you try to do whatever you have to do in that level you have to balance keeping all the different factions happy as well as keeping the general population happy or citizens will join the rebels and try to overthrow you

it's great fun and gets pretty hard as it goes on as you have to play your islands layout ahead.... getting to a 1000population island and having your economy grind to a screeching halt a traffic jam is stopping your eamsters from delivering goods to the docks for sale is a pain int he ass and is bloody common if you didn't think ahead about how you were going to lay your city out

it's well worth getting. tropico 3 is also amazing, I kinda prefer it to tropico 4.. mainly for the excellent soundtrack and imo the missions were a little more fun. you could probably pick up tropico 3 + the expansion pack together pretty damn cheap

Yeah thanks is tropica 3 on Xbox do you know and does it have online in Pc or Xbox either one doesn't matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

its savage game. i clocked 36 hours so far and i cant stop playing it. if i got free time to play its tropico 4 80%, 10% bf3, 10% Driver.

Its already explained very well above. its an economy sim with fun and humor mixed in. It takes some time to learn basics, but once you get some knowladge it becomes a fantastic game. On each map you will have to pull out different tactics and combinations to survive.
    Like mentioned above, you will have to learn the planing your cities out. A very well planed out routes are priority. there is nothing worse to see 5 Cigare factories full with stock, because teamsters are stuck in traffic.

i dont know about online for such game. i dont think there is. its not your: build X base and Y unites then go destroy some guy there. Its all about tasks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Keenan Proud Wheelbarrow

Thanks very much guys by the sounds of things I probably will buy it ! Add me on Xbox or steam if you guys want anything anytime!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dont think there is online play

i think maybe you can look at other peoples cities if they upload them, or upload your own. and i think there's also custom missions other people make and you can download them to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dont think there is online play

i think maybe you can look at other peoples cities if they upload them, or upload your own. and i think there's also custom missions other people make and you can download them to play

That is cool to know. I am on 12/20 map on campaign, still got dlc and it is awesome to know there are cust missions too. Long live the tropico!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah great game, been playing this series since the beginning and it's really came into it's own with the latest 2. Wonderful blend of humour in it that makes it really relaxing to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

This is one of the better games I picked up in the Steam Sales, and I'm sorry I didn't get the DLC pack now.

It has to be one of the best games I have played in a while. The sense of humour in it is class. There is a lot going on in the game and takes a while to pick up on everything but there are primary objects in each level that help give you a push in the right direction.

Its one of those games that you can easily sink hours into with our realising it as it is enjoyable and keeps you hooked. I'd definitly give it a go.

Advertisement