Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bins/Refuge service - cheapest?

Options
  • 04-08-2012 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi. Need to get someone to collect my bins in Wexford. Could someone tell me please, who's the cheapest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Bog Butter wrote: »
    Hi. Need to get someone to collect my bins in Wexford. Could someone tell me please, who's the cheapest?

Whose name is on your bins that you want collected ?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Whose name is on your bins that you want collected ?

Sorry I phrased that wrong. I don't have any bins at the mo. Could u recommend a company to supply bins and collect rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

We are with Aes
    http://www.aesirl.ie/household-customers/collection-calendars/wexford but as we've only just moved I don't know how they compare price wise with others in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

From my research AES were cheapest. They've recently taken over the co councils collections

We pay Wastepal €31.25 p/month and could'nt fault the service .- 2 x 240 litre bins and a food waste bin .

Plus text reminder every Sunday evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

We're currently with Wastepal too but they're eliminating garden waste from their compost bins in our area, so I'll be showing then the door shortly. Pity cos their price and service was always as good as or better than anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

i was in wexford chipping the co. council bins for aes and alot of people had switched to ray whelan from aes. we were told by our boss aes couldn't compete with ray whelan prices so give him a try see what he's like

Sorry I phrased that wrong. I don't have any bins at the mo. Could u recommend a company to supply bins and collect rubbish.

Where in County Wexford are you based/do you want the bins collected? Ray Whelan doesn't collect from the majority of places in Co.Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 11 FEB

I wouldn't go with ... anyway, they have twice told me lies. Once is bad, twice is policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

I need mine collected from Wellingtonbridge/Bannow area and I find that Wastepal have increased their prices without even notifying us. Just wondered if there is a website where one can compare prices, or indeed better still if anyone knows for definite of a price lower than Wastepal, which has been quoted above. Thanks.

• Advertisement

FEB wrote: »
    I wouldn't go with AES anyway, they have twice told me lies. Once is bad, twice is policy.

Is this really a good solid reason? I really can't imagine that AES have a policy of lying.

SKMBT_C22012081513190.jpg

This might help you decide

Can anyone give me a quote on AES refuse collection, as there is nobody answering their phone.

Thank you.

Thank you for that. When they say that they have not increased prices for the majority of their customers, does this mean that some are therefore paying more than others and if so why would this be?

They told us just recently that we can now put our compost into the waste bin!!!!!! How can that possibly be regarded as proper recycling? We do not do this and are composting it ourselves.

I am beginning to have doubts as to whether any real recycling is being carried out, following the correct procedure now to be honest.

It is confusing to say the least, or is it just me?

Then, in the village there is a collection drum which takes bags of rubbish with anything in it, so I ask, how is that deemed to be proper recycling?

I understood from when recycling began initially, that a bin is provided for compost, one for rubbish and one for recycling of clean plastics, paper etc. Bottles were taken to the glass bank. Now Wastepal say that bottles can also be placed in our Recycling bin!

I have to say it sounds like everything is being dumped together pretty much. I do not want to assume or lay blame where it does not belong, but it is just not in keeping with the original regulations laid down for the collection of household waste.

I care about the environment in which we live and just want to do my bit, so need to be sure that the money I pay is doing just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TAPlank

Can anyone tell me why Greenstar, etc. have a fixed €5.50 monthly charge. Is this a government charge?

havetoquit wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a quote on AES refuse collection, as there is nobody answering their phone.

Thank you.

All the prices and plans for AES are here

http://www.aesirl.ie/household-customers/prices-and-plans

Sorry, I cannot help there, but would you mind terribly if I ask how much they charge monthly in total and how many bins that covers?

I am just trying to find the cheapest and there is no area where one can compare, so am asking people on here to see if they can help with that.

Thanks a lot and I understand fully if you do not wish to say.

havetoquit wrote: »
    Sorry, I cannot help there, but would you mind terribly if I ask how much they charge monthly in total and how many bins that covers?

I am just trying to find the cheapest and there is no area where one can compare, so am asking people on here to see if they can help with that.

Thanks a lot and I understand fully if you do not wish to say.

Do you not have access to a web browser? Click on the link I gave you and it gives the prices - you need to enter what area you live.

For a 240litre recycling bin and a 240litre waste bin (collected alternate weeks) it should be about €270.00 per annum or €22.50 per month

Thank you again and sorry for appearing so dim... unfortunately my web browser was not opening pages intermittently today and I have now remedied that and can access all the required info.

We are having such horrendous storms down here that it appears to be affecting our broadband at times.

Have a good evening where ever you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

SKMBT_C22012081513190.jpg

This might help you decide

Just note the bit where you can contact them if you've been relying on Wastepal for compost collection...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

Currently with waste pal which is 27.50 a month for bigger waste bin and smaller recycling bin, could we get it cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Doubt it,I'm with Wastepal & did a bit of shopping around.Found they were cheapest for me.

Try AES,Greenstar or Ray Whelan for comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

im with aes e20 per month for a small waste bin but I also get upto 4 of each of the recycling, glass and compost bins so I find the waste bin goes out now only once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 catherineanne

Hi,
    I have another question on refuse collection in the Rosslare strand area. Basically is there a way of getting rid of rubbish with tags anymore in this area.

Keep away from ........ anyway.

Keep away from ...... anyway.

Why is that?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Why is that?

They are very difficult to deal with if you have any problems. I cancelled because of various problems and price increases, I paid for a specific collection at cancellation and it did not take place. The response was basically so what?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Mod Note
    Guys i have merged both threads in relation to refuse collections.
    Also FEB your last 4 posts on boards.ie are running down a well known refuse collection company. Boards.ie is not the place to be doing this as the company in question could take a liable action against Boards.ie

Apologies. I visit a lot but do usually post. The particular company has made me very angry.

• Advertisement

Apologies. I visit a lot but do usually post. The particular company has made me very angry.

Anyone would think you were from the competition or something ! :D:D :P

Advertisement