Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two weeks for biking training - what do you do?

Options
  • 03-08-2012 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

Haven’t done much training since June on the bike. Gaelforce in 2 weeks. It’s essentially a tough duathlon, 16km trail run, 33km bike, hike Croagh Patrick, and a very fast last 12km bike.

Last time I was on the bike in a serious way was Tri Athy Duathlon, averaged about 30kmph for the 40km.

So with two weeks, what should I do that will make me less rusty on the bike. Obviously, too late for improvements. Hour time trail? Hills? Crash diet? ;)

Cheers.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

There isn't lots you can do with two weeks to go. Nothing you do now will help your fitness much so really its just about familiarity with the bike and mental confidence. They are not long bikes so you should be good for them. Don't try to cram in lots of cycling now, you'll just end up tired.

Advertisement