Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pool mate swimming watch

Options
  • 01-08-2012 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello, please excuse me if this has been covered though I could not see it anywhere. I am in Louth and cannot find anyone to replace the batteries on my pool mate swim watch. Can anyone recommend someone capable of the job short of sending it back to swimovate the makers in England which will be an expensive and time consuming event. Any where in Ireland? Any help or first hand experience very much appreciated.

Don Q.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Joffrey Baratheon does not approve of where this thread was located..

.. moved to Triathlon / Duathlon / Adventure Racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

*Shakes Fist at Joffrey Baratheon*

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Don Q

Apologies for mindless error.....gazing at the wall.....I lift the plague from all your houses and pledge allegiance to the king of the north.... The King of The North!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Pool mate are the same as Polar watches and should be sent back to a recognised service centre for an approved battery change.

It is really important that the battery is replaced properly and the unit is pressure tested for watertightness. It's not a big job and should only be gone for a week at most, do send it by registered post.

You can try change it yourself. But if you get the seals wrong thats it, the watch is dead. Not worth the risk IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Pool mate are the same as Polar watches and should be sent back to a recognised service centre for an approved battery change.

It is really important that the battery is replaced properly and the unit is pressure tested for watertightness. It's not a big job and should only be gone for a week at most, do send it by registered post.

You can try change it yourself. But if you get the seals wrong thats it, the watch is dead. Not worth the risk IMHO.

Polar watches *used* to be like this.

My S210 and S625x do need this. Changed it once and the S625x fogged up cause of humidty (much like ALL garmins 910xts it seems)

More recent ones are user changeable - either with a screwdriver, or in the case of the RX5 on your wrist, a coin

So which Polar is it like :)

• Advertisement

RS100 & RS300 are still available and very popular and with Polar being such a dependable watch (no fogging ;)) all it needs is a new battery every now and then.

My own RS200 and S625 only recently got new batteries, handy as spares / loaners.

You are right, yes the new watches RCX5 & RCX3, RS800 RS400 as well as the other non waterproof fitness watches are all user replaceable batteries, another + for Polar :)

*not starting a debate....

RS100 & RS300 are still available and very popular and with Polar being such a dependable watch (no fogging ;)) all it needs is a new battery every now and then.

My own RS200 and S625 only recently got new batteries, handy as spares / loaners.

You are right, yes the new watches RCX5 & RCX3, RS800 RS400 as well as the other non waterproof fitness watches are all user replaceable batteries, another + for Polar :)

*not starting a debate....

If you could combine polar styling, manufacturing and heart rate with Garmin features, interface and understanding of market it would be bliss.

Polmin - the latest & greatest in triathlon training devices!!

Polmin - the latest & greatest in triathlon training devices!!

I actually googled that

tunney wrote: »
    I actually googled that

Sorry!!

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement