Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimovate poolmate

Options
  • 28-07-2012 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Does anybody use one of these. Im considering getting one but reviews of the product have been pretty mixed. Another option i have been considering is the sportscount for counting pool laps.

http://www.sportcount.com/products.php?category_id=1

The only thing is the sports count is a lot less sophisticated and requires the pressing of a button at the end of each lap. I can see that getting very annoying after time.

From the reviews of the swimovate poolmate, it says it counts meters as well as laps but one answer i cannot find anywhere is if it counts meters based on lap recordings or based on strokes taken. Raises the question, If i use it in an open water swim, will it calculate amount of meters swam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

subscriber wrote: »
    Does anybody use one of these. Im considering getting one but reviews of the product have been pretty mixed. Another option i have been considering is the sportscount for counting pool laps.

The only thing is the sports count is a lot less sophisticated and requires the pressing of a button at the end of each lap. I can see that getting very annoying after time.

From the reviews of the swimovate poolmate, it says it counts meters as well as laps but one answer i cannot find anywhere is if it counts meters based on lap recordings or based on strokes taken. Raises the question, If i use it in an open water swim, will it calculate amount of meters swam?

No it doesn't do open water swims, meters are based on lap recordings from the accelerometer reading.

I have one and find it handy alright.
    If I was buying now I'd look into the Garmin 910xt or the Garmin Swim though as better features such as alerts and 100m splits without having to press a lap button etc.

I'd look into the 2 Garmin's before making up your mind - prob solid reviews on www.dcrainmaker.com

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Fazz wrote: »
    subscriber wrote: »

No it doesn't do open water swims, meters are based on lap recordings from the accelerometer reading.

I have one and find it handy alright.
    If I was buying now I'd look into the Garmin 910xt or the Garmin Swim though as better features such as alerts and 100m splits without having to press a lap button etc.

I'd look into the 2 Garmin's before making up your mind - prob solid reviews on www.dcrainmaker.com

completly forgot about the dc rainmaker website. cheers for that fazz.

Advertisement