Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post race nutrition

Options
  • 27-07-2012 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Well all,
    Just interested to know what you guys would have as your post triathlon recovery food/drink?

Been doing Sprint distances for the past two years and have never really looked into this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

clubwelly wrote: »
    Well all,
    Just interested to know what you guys would have as your post triathlon recovery food/drink?

Been doing Sprint distances for the past two years and have never really looked into this.

After a sprint distance do you actually need anything above and beyond normal food?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Yazoo for protein and carbs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Some races lay on a fairly tasty burger afterwards. That always goes down well. They're the races I like to go back to the following year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Some races lay on a fairly tasty burger afterwards. That always goes down well. They're the races I like to go back to the following year :D

Massive slab of lasagne and a pile of salty spuds after the Humbert in Swinford, nom-nom-nom.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I eat whatever the body wants, which varies wildly, and sometimes its nothing at all if gels have disagreed with me. (Though I dont take gels for sprint distance).

• Advertisement
Advertisement