Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any African Bands out there?

Options
  • 26-07-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hey does anyone know of any African Bands or bands who play African styled music in ireland, as I'm involved in organizing the music for Iron Man festival in Galway City this year on the 2nd of September and we need at least one African styled group, pm me here if your know of any,

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nielo

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Nielo wrote: »

:eek:

An Afrobeat band??? In Ireland????
    Holy crapola I have to find out where they play next!!!

Thanks Nielo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roddub

Hey does anyone know of any African Bands or bands who play African styled music in ireland, as I'm involved in organizing the music for Iron Man festival in Galway City this year on the 2nd of September and we need at least one African styled group, pm me here if your know of any,

cheers

There's a terrific Dublin based afrobeat band called Colours Afrobeat Orchestra. They have up to 12 members from Nigeria and from all over the world. They were one of the main acts at Castlepalooza last year, I saw them there. There's clips on youtube. Papa Gee is the bandleader.

Advertisement