Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike fit

Options
  • 25-07-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

I'm picking up a new (old) tri bike on Saturday. I'm pretty happy with the suitablility in terms of size etc.
    I've heard good things about Base2Race for bike fitting and bad things about some other well-known shops. I'm keen to get a professional/appropriate/whatever you want to call it fit. I'd like to hear some suggestions, or even if there are any Boardsies who have done it before (properly), and fancy a nixer?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I used Base2Race and was/am very happy.

Post-race I mentioned something about the bike on Sunday to Dom who did the fit just after I'd finished Beast of the East and he was more than happy to offer advice and offered to sort it if I wanted to bring it the bike back into the shop.

It's only a case of moving the bars forward 1-2cm so it's no biggie for me to do myself anyway but I thought it was good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Ok thanks. Should I ask for him in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Basster wrote: »
    Ok thanks. Should I ask for him in particular?

I think Dom is the only one that does them in B2R. But ask for him anyway.

Advertisement