Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jogging Pain

Options
  • 24-07-2012 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Quick question - I have been jogging for a couple of months now and it has happened alot that I feel like im getting a stitch just under right rib cage - quite painful and would not have eaten just beforehand . Any ideas what it could be or how I could stop it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

the way you breath and more importantly when could be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

peter kern wrote: »
    the way you breath and more importantly when could be an issue.

Peter could you elaborate on this please if you don't mind or post a link to this topic I'd be very interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Peter could you elaborate on this please if you don't mind or post a link to this topic I'd be very interested in it.

I do not like to elabotrate on something when I have not seen the person.

But if you watch races you would be suprised how many triathletes breath in when they land and out when in the air, when it should be the other way round thus putting more pressure on inside organs and blood vessels.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Quick question - I have been jogging for a couple of months now and it has happened alot that I feel like im getting a stitch just under right rib cage - quite painful and would not have eaten just beforehand . Any ideas what it could be or how I could stop it?

I used get something similar when I started running a couple of years back, I put it down to the diaphram (sp?) not being used to having to work so hard. I would take a few deep breaths and hold them before exhaling fully in order to stretch it on my warmup. Not sure if it helped or not but they stopped happening as I got fitter and dropped some weight.

Advertisement