Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

offers for mature students

• 24-07-2012 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi , i have applied to DIT to start a degree course in September.
    I was just wondering when the offers come out. I was looking on the DIT website and it says offers come out start July for some non-traditional applicants . ..... Can anyone help me out ??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Some of us got offers on the 5th of July but there's more on August 2nd too.
    That's whats on CAO website at the moment :)

Offer Round Dates and Reply Dates: (more information)
    Round Offer Date (from 06:00) Reply Date (by 17:15)
    Round A 5th July, 2012 12th July, 2012
    Round Zero 2nd August, 2012 9th August, 2012
    Round One 20th August, 2012 27th August, 2012
    Round Two 30th August, 2012 5th September, 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭madcharlie

Thanks for that ... just checked out CAO website !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I got my offer on the 9th of May.
    Frustrating waiting for the offer come through the CAO in the mean time.
    Now just need to sort out back to education and wait for registration form.

Hey guys ..... was expecting an offer this morning, checked the CAO website. It just said the ususal "....currently no offers...." ! ... I applied as a mature student, went for my interview in May and have an e-mail from the head of the course telling me he "recommended me for entry with CAO, who would offer me an offer in due course" .
    Its been about 10 years since I sat my leaving but I would have the relevant points for the course .... unless it goes up 50 points from last year . .... I just thought I would have got an offer this mornng. I suppose what I want to know is there any other mature students like me that didn't recieve their offers yet either?? ..... Should I be worried ??? cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

madcharlie wrote: »
    Hey guys ..... was expecting an offer this morning, checked the CAO website. It just said the ususal "....currently no offers...." ! ... I applied as a mature student, went for my interview in May and have an e-mail from the head of the course telling me he "recommended me for entry with CAO, who would offer me an offer in due course" .
    Its been about 10 years since I sat my leaving but I would have the relevant points for the course .... unless it goes up 50 points from last year . .... I just thought I would have got an offer this mornng. I suppose what I want to know is there any other mature students like me that didn't recieve their offers yet either?? ..... Should I be worried ??? cheers

i was expecting an offer this morning too. i didn't have a recommendation from a previous interview or anything but i was still expecting offers today.

nothing, just "there are no offers available to you at this time".

i'm trying to move on from a fetac level 5 to level 7 and have more than covered the entry requirements. very very disheartened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 emsiewemsie

Madcharlie and Andyseadog- apparently offers will be available at 10am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056714510

active thread here full of fellow panic'ers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emsiewemsie

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Coma

Any mature student get offered a place in DIT today?

nope ....got all excited when i saw 10am but nothing!! ..... hopefully August 20th !

• Advertisement
Advertisement