Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFSC Super Sprint Triathlon Anyone?

Options
  • 22-07-2012 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭

I love watching the Canary Wharf Triathlon, I think the format looks fun! This is it:

Super Sprint: 400m swim, 10km cycle and 2km run

Elite Race format

"Athletes compete in 2 heats through which they qualify for the final. Each heat has 25 athletes, the first 8 athletes across the finish line qualify for the final automatically, with the four fastest losers from the two heats combined also qualifying. There will be 20 athletes in the final."

They also have a corporate race....

Corporate Wave Format

"Teams of three will compete in a relay over the same course as the elite athletes. The first 16 companies to register will secure a place in the 30-strong race and be treated to the full elite athlete experience."

I wonder would this work in Dublin Docklands area, the Canary W is ran on a Thurs evening. I think it would be great! Would international elites come? I suppose it would depend on prize money. If not perhaps the top 50 in the NS standings in a end of season draft legal race...it'd be fun.

I know the natural why of thinking is to think of many ways as to why this wouldn't work but....why not think of how it could work!

Just a Sunday morning thought....now time for long long :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I love watching the Canary Wharf Triathlon, I think the format looks fun! This is it:

Super Sprint: 400m swim, 10km cycle and 2km run

Elite Race format

"Athletes compete in 2 heats through which they qualify for the final. Each heat has 25 athletes, the first 8 athletes across the finish line qualify for the final automatically, with the four fastest losers from the two heats combined also qualifying. There will be 20 athletes in the final."

They also have a corporate race....

Corporate Wave Format

"Teams of three will compete in a relay over the same course as the elite athletes. The first 16 companies to register will secure a place in the 30-strong race and be treated to the full elite athlete experience."

I wonder would this work in Dublin Docklands area, the Canary W is ran on a Thurs evening. I think it would be great! Would international elites come? I suppose it would depend on prize money. If not perhaps the top 50 in the NS standings in a end of season draft legal race...it'd be fun.

I know the natural why of thinking is to think of many ways as to why this wouldn't work but....why not think of how it could work!

Just a Sunday morning thought....now time for long long :)

The water down there isn't very, eh, pretty:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

True that I guess. Well Sub the docklands for Galway, Cork, Limerick or Belfast....maybe alternate each year, a built up urban area would make it exciting and should make for a great atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

The idea i agree with !

Advertisement