Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DC Universe equals thrice in a lifetime, then it's time for the fast & the furious battle!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

DC Universe equals thrice in a lifetime, then it's time for the fast & the furious battle!

Don't worry
    Cenas character will turn face and sacrifice himself to save his brother Vinny 'you were my brother all align and I loved you' etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Guess I'll be moving my takeaway nights from Friday to Wednesday now

• Registered Users Posts: 84,944 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I'm so looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mass Effect trilogy, final season of Castlevania and the second season of Love, Death + Robots all releasing on Friday. Gonna be a bingey weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You're okay, Castlevania is tomorrow so you have an extra day to watch. Looks like 10 episodes

Looks good

Will Woody Harrelson still look like Sideshow bob again ?

• Advertisement

Any fans of True Detective, Fargo or Happy Valley, I'd recommend Mare of Easttown with Kate Winslet

An exchange from this week's Legends of Tomorrow
    Talking in 2045 about a tv talent show:
    "Last year President Dwayne Johnson showed up and for an old guy he can still get down"
    "The Rock's the president? Please tell me John Cena is his chief of staff"

I probably know the least about these Marvel characters :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I know nothing about these Marvel characters and have no interest in the Movie, and this trailer hasn't done anything to reel me in.

Loughc wrote: »
    I know nothing about these Marvel characters and have no interest in the Movie, and this trailer hasn't done anything to reel me in.

I'm treating Eternals like I did with Guardians Of The Galaxy (think that film got a similar reaction/shrug of the shoulders, unless you were a Hardcore Marvel comics reader) when it came out in 2014, expectations low, and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I'm lost ands only from watching the trailer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm treating Eternals like I did with Guardians Of The Galaxy (think that film got a similar reaction/shrug of the shoulders, unless you were a Hardcore Marvel comics reader) when it came out in 2014, expectations low, and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

The GOTG trailer looked fun tho, the Eternals trailer looked boring.

With the inclusion of the Xmen and F4 in the MCU, its going to be overloaded to ****

Are The inhumans still a thing

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Are The inhumans still a thing

I think after the InHumans tv show disaster they want to ignore them completely.

Considering Ms.Marvel is an inHuman herself and they seem to be going a different origin route for her says it all about how they will treat the InHumans going forward.

Loughc wrote: »
    The GOTG trailer looked fun tho, the Eternals trailer looked boring.

Valid and fair point.

• Advertisement

Inhumans were meant to be Marvel’s attempt at X-Men when they didn't have the rights to X-Men, but now they have those we'll see what they do. Even the comics pretty much killed the X-Men as much as they could without cutting too much into sales in favour of generating more Inhumans.
    They also had Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD.
    As said Ms. Marvel is an Inhuman. But she also took her name from the former Ms. Marvel. So since they skipped that stage for Captain Marvel they have to change things a bit for Kamala. Though I guess she could still just be a fan and so based her name on Carol's. But Carol was off world between her film and the last one supposedly so unless she stuck around after, I can't see her having loads of posters and stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, the Friends reunion was so amazing. Had me smiling and laughing for the entire two hours. So perfect.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Man, the Friends reunion was so amazing. Had me smiling and laughing for the entire two hours. So perfect.

I enjoyed it too

The Joey memes that spun off from it, have been really enjoyable too..

Went to the cinema for the first time in 15 months today. God, it was so great to be back.

Quiet Place 2 is a great follow up to the first, and cillian Murphy is one of those actors I don’t see much of but always enjoy. Very much “Movie two of a trilogy “ though, but easily the best film I’ve seen in the last year in cinemas. :pac:

Two trailers before the film and both were advertising films “Coming summer 2020”. Was a little surreal.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Went to the cinema for the first time in 15 months today. God, it was so great to be back.

Quiet Place 2 is a great follow up to the first, and cillian Murphy is one of those actors I don’t see much of but always enjoy. Very much “Movie two of a trilogy “ though, but easily the best film I’ve seen in the last year in cinemas. :pac:

Two trailers before the film and both were advertising films “Coming summer 2020”. Was a little surreal.

Silly question, how does going to a cinema work with all of the you know what in place due to Covid-19?

I only ask as I've been invited by a friend to go to the cinema at the weekend, anxious as hell, not knowing what to expect....

Seems A Quiet Place 2 will do really well here as it's the first film back that isn't available for streaming.

Silly question, how does going to a cinema work with all of the you know what in place due to Covid-19?

I only ask as I've been invited by a friend to go to the cinema at the weekend, anxious as hell, not knowing what to expect....

I was at Swords cinema so can only speak for it, but I’d imagine it’s the same in general.

We booked online. And when we booked our two tickets, it closed off the two seats either side of us, a few in the row in front and a few in the row behind. So the showing was “sold out” but the cinema itself was at about a third capacity, with no one sitting within two seats of each other.

It did feel weird that it’s allowed when indoor dining isn’t, cause it’s still people sitting together, eating and mask less, but spread out, but everyone was well distanced apart so felt relatively safe.

• Advertisement

Finally started Cobra Kai earlier today. Now on Season 2 episode 3.

Something I hate about Netflix is that even though I'm only on Season 2, when I go to play from Continue Watching and hover over it, it starts playing what I assume is the trailer for season 3.

Advertisement