Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Are people genuinely hopeful that the Snyder Cut will be good or is it more a curiosity thing because the final product ended up so different? I hated 300 and never liked Superman so I'm more than likely not going to watch this but feels like this has been hyped up for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Are people genuinely hopeful that the Snyder Cut will be good or is it more a curiosity thing because the final product ended up so different? I hated 300 and never liked Superman so I'm more than likely not going to watch this but feels like this has been hyped up for years.

I enjoyed the Watchmen....but yeah its more out of curiosity for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'll be watching even though it supposedly won't be Canon, not that they're really doing much with the series. 2 Wonder Woman films were prequels, Aquaman and Flash seem to be their own things. Then they're rebooting Batman and Superman again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I cant have hope after the disaster that was Batman v Superman. I genuinely came away from that movie in pure silence, my missus asked me what i thought and i just said eh I dunno.

For context I practically went to the movie dressed as Clark Kent, was never more excited to view a film.

I went home and started to drink some white Russians , got very drunk and played Lego Batman for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I am in the former of hoping it'll be good, myself and a friend came out of watching the Whedon version of the film, first thing we both agreed on, the absolute state of Superman and the digitally removed moustache (but contractually obligated Cavill had to have it) - was distracting anytime Superman was on screen.

The story was right, but it was such a stitched together final version, think it 90% Whedon, 10% Snyder, if memory recalls.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I am in the former of hoping it'll be good, myself and a friend came out of watching the Whedon version of the film, first thing we both agreed on, the absolute state of Superman and the digitally removed moustache (but contractually obligated Cavill had to have it) - was distracting anytime Superman was on screen.

The story was right, but it was such a stitched together final version, think it 90% Whedon, 10% Snyder, if memory recalls.

Im not saying Snyders movie will be top notch, but that movie was such a hatchet job. Nothing seemed right.

Snyder's movie can only improve on the bollox we saw.

Lith..... what did you mean by the bolded text above?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im not saying Snyders movie will be top notch, but that movie was such a hatchet job. Nothing seemed right.

Snyder's movie can only improve on the bollox we saw.

Lith..... what did you mean by the bolded text above?

Snyder's great at picturing how things will look, if he had a trusty director who could bring what he sees to life, I think MoS, BvS could've been better, and I loved those movies. I can see what he was trying to do and could've done, had the 2 other movies mentioned not ruffled Warner Bros so badly.

As for the Snyder Cut, I've already disregard the hatchet job 2017 Justice League.

What I mean by the bolded bit, when Whedon did reshoots, Mission Impossible was already in principal photography, and Cavill was in the film sporting the tache.

Better explainer of it here. Apparently the tache was't required, but they went with it for Mission Impossible. So the contractually obligated bit in my previous is wrong, my apologies.
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2454669/the-full-story-behind-henry-cavills-mission-impossible-and-justice-league-mustache-situation

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The new episode of South Park is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nikolai Volkoff & Sgt. Slaughter get a nice cameo in this weeks episode of For All Mankind

Zack Snyder's Justice League being released tomorrow, and now the 2nd part of The Ancient Gods DLC for Doom Eternal as well.

Then episode 1 of The Falcon & The Winter Soldier on Friday morning, very good chance I'll be M.I.A all weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Resident Alien starring Alan Tudyk has been renewed, good show

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The most fun show around at the moment every episode puts a smile on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Watched the Justice League reboot last night, and I loved it. Not a huge Super Hero or DC/Marvel Fan, but had seen the Joss Weadon version (thought it was only alright).

The Zynder version feels like a different movie. It even looks different, from a colour perspective. Oh ya, and the 4:3 aspect ratio that was used (something to do with originally being made for IMAX screens.

Characters, and their motivations, were given far more time to be explained, and with all that room to breathe, characters like Cyborg are far better put across.

I seem to remember the film was originally announced as 2 parts, then they announced it would be a single film. Think Zack was still involved at that point.

Will watch it over the weekend.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I seem to remember the film was originally announced as 2 parts, then they announced it would be a single film. Think Zack was still involved at that point.

Will watch it over the weekend.

The original plan was 5 movies, Man Of Steel, Batman vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice, and the Justice League trilogy.

Zack and his wife were involved with the other version of Justice League, and were in post production with it, but they stepped away after their daughter died in March 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

The difference between the Snyder version and the Whedon one is night and day. Snyder one is excellent. Not only the new scenes added but he deleted a lot of the stupid shìt Whedon had in there, all the cringey stuff and Batman cracking jokes are all gone thank god. Would highly recommend it. Even to break it up into an hour a night as the 4 hours is tough in one viewing.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Watched the Justice League reboot last night, and I loved it. Not a huge Super Hero or DC/Marvel Fan, but had seen the Joss Weadon version (thought it was only alright).

The Zynder version feels like a different movie. It even looks different, from a colour perspective. Oh ya, and the 4:3 aspect ratio that was used (something to do with originally being made for IMAX screens.

Characters, and their motivations, were given far more time to be explained, and with all that room to breathe, characters like Cyborg are far better put across.

Ezra Miller's Barry came across better too I thought, SPOILERS
    Actually showing what he can really do with his powers, if he chose to do so

Watching an episode of the new DuckTales and they're doing a pro wrestling episode where the fate of the Erath is on the line and Scrooge is the heel.
    The series is really fun as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The wonderful Jessica Walter passed away today.

She was so hilarious in Arrested Development and Archer. I usually don't get too caught up in celebrity deaths but this has made me quite sad, she provided countless laughs throughout both shows. RIP.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »

She was so hilarious in Arrested Development and Archer. I usually don't get too caught up in celebrity deaths but this has made me quite sad, she provided countless laughs throughout both shows. RIP.

Im so sad. Loved her in both, but particularly as Lucille Bleuth.

She was excellent in that role. I love how she marked out for Gene Parmesan

J. Marston wrote: »

RIP

George Segal died also this week too RIP

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP

George Segal died also this week too RIP

Loved him in the Goldbergs and even from Look Who's Talking from my childhood.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just Shoot Me aired in rotation with Friends, Fraiser and Will and Grace on Channel 4 in the mornings when I was in school, so I’ve great fondness for it. Sad to hear bout Segal. :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just Shoot Me aired in rotation with Friends, Fraiser and Will and Grace on Channel 4 in the mornings when I was in school, so I’ve great fondness for it. Sad to hear bout Segal. :(

Whats sad is that Walters guest starred in an episode of just Shoot Me.

An under rated show and arguably the best thing David Spade did.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Whats sad is that Walters guest starred in an episode of just Shoot Me.

An under rated show and arguably the best thing David Spade did.

Very Underrated

I plan on watching the film so won't bother watching the trailer, but I was reading it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You really see how ridiculously big Cena is when he's placed beside normal looking people and not in a wrestling ring. Look at his arms on the bus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Anyone watch the mighty ducks series yet?

Advertisement