Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World's End sprint, Limerick

Options
  • 14-07-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

anyone done this race before, any feedback on it? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭redved

did it last year,really enjoyed it. There are two transition locactions for the bike and run.
    Swim is ok, up and down the river, no real current that I noticed.Very wide at the start so no issues there.
    Funnily enough they delayed the start of the swim last year to let the Dublin -Limerick train go past as there was a railway crossing on the bike course

Bike is out the old Dublin road and back in the back roads by birdhill, only one short hill after the birdhill turn-off.
    Well marshalled with only one tricky bend that I can think of by O'briens bridge

Run is ok, its a 5k loop,feels tough enough for the first 1.5K, there are a couple of drags but nothing serious.
    When you hit the old Dublin road your on the way back and its all pretty much downhill to the finish.

Any other questions, just ask

very much appreciated, thank you...been looking for an alternative to the Dublin City Tri and theres not much else on that weekend.

Couple of questions though, are the different transitions far apart? And is the bike course flat or lumpy and whats the road surface like?

Many thanks again

the two transitions are probably 2k apart more or less.
    The run transition is in the village and the bike is down at the swim start.
    Its actually not as bad as it sounds.
    The bike is a loop with the first 10k being slightly uphill overall but on the old Limerick - Dublin road so good quality with low traffic.
    After 10k you turn left onto country roads at Birdhill and go up a steepish hill, pretty short though.
    I would say overall the road quality is good, can't remember any poor surfaces really.
    There is one dodgy hairpin corner that needs to be taken carefullly

sounds like a good race, im very strongly considering it now...thanks again pal, really appreciate all the info

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ok, I will be doing this as my first every tri, I'm doing the try-a-tri, I can swim 200m handy enough and I can cycle 20km easily but running is something I'm not great at, I weigh 110kg-ish, maybe a little more and am 5'10 tall, so I'm a big lad.
    Do you lads thing I can make it? I know I can do the swim and cycle, but the run is worrying me.

Any tips?

absolutely, you can achieve anything you put your mind too. When i started tri training last year i was 110kgs as well put got through my first couple of races by just going at my own comfortable pace

Daz1214 wrote: »
    absolutely, you can achieve anything you put your mind too. When i started tri training last year i was 110kgs as well put got through my first couple of races by just going at my own comfortable pace

Mind me asking how you are doing with the weight now Daz?
    Always nice to have the success stories as confidence boosters!
    :D

im just under 84kgs now but its still droppin slowly...im hopin to hit around 80kgs by the end of the summer

im just under 84kgs now but its still droppin slowly...im hopin to hit around 80kgs by the end of the summer

Fair play, that's impressive!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks, its amazin how quickly its fall off with consistent training and eating right

signed up this mornin, lookin forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Im in too. I've heard its a lovely course. I actually went to watch it last year knowing nothing about triathlon and said to my husband that I would come back next year and do it. So here I am :D

good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

its a great triathlon and sun was beating down for it last year, the try a tri there last year was my first taste of triathlons- won that and am now hooked- have done 3 duathlons, 3 sprint tri's and hell of the west since- also doing Brian boru oly this weekend before I finish my season with worlds end tri again- cannot wait!!

fair play mate

Is there Many people doing this saturday.. lovely flat triathlon, only heard of a handful doing it so far

I'll be glad of a finish at this stage, motivation is completely gone for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I'll be glad of a finish at this stage, motivation is completely gone for this year

Thats how I feel and I have a long distance tri to get through in a few weeks . Tempted to do worlds end on sat for fun and to rescue some thirst to do one more tri. 4 hour bike cool down is not all that appealing though..

i have the clogherhead tri after saturday and i need motivation for that...hopefully ill be a bit better after the race

• Advertisement

Great race today, great course,, any results online yet??

enjoyed the race though my left hip is f**ked after it

still no results anywhere??

nope, i emailed the race director so hopefully soon

thanks mate

Advertisement