Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amphibia X bag / any other tri bags

Options
  • 13-07-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting one of the Amphibia X bags, has anyone got one and if so what are their views on it ?
    If anyone has any other Transition bags (rocket science etc) i'd be interested to know what they think of them too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

miller82 wrote: »
    Looking at getting one of the Amphibia X bags, has anyone got one and if so what are their views on it ?
    If anyone has any other Transition bags (rocket science etc) i'd be interested to know what they think of them too.

Thanks

Eh whats a transition bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Yep I have one.

Really good well made bags. Plenty of room for all my race day kit including wetsuit and water proof inner for wetsuit after the swim. I would buy one again and would recommend.

EDIT: Although they are marketed as transition bags they aren't allowed to be left in transition.

So it does the exact same as my big normal and cheap bag that I stick a tesco bag in for the wet stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

tunney wrote: »
    So it does the exact same as my big normal and cheap bag that I stick a tesco bag in for the wet stuff?

Yes, and that'll be €70 thanks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Eh whats a transition bag?

i meant triathlon bag and considering i referenced two names i.e rocket science and Amphibia, i thought that would have been clear enough

• Advertisement

you could use this sort of argument for nearly every piece gear people buy for triathlons to be fair.

I have a voucher, wouldnt get one otherwise

miller82 wrote: »
    you could use this sort of argument for nearly every piece gear people buy for triathlons to be fair.

I have a voucher, wouldnt get one otherwise

Most stuff is directly related to performance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Well yes, but the waterproof bag in the amphibia doesn't have holes in the bottom to let water out.

fair enough.

A black sack would do the same job as the bag you use, why did ya splash out on a fancy sports bag :p

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Yeah, because triathletes are all about function over fashion when it comes to buying gear...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

yes somebodies new shiv made a hell of a difference to his bike splits with old bike i think he got beaten twice by his freind by 1 sec with the new bike he was 1 sec faster than his friend ;-)
    that was a bit more than 70 euro i think.

peter kern wrote: »

yes somebodies new shiv made a hell of a difference to his bike splits with old bike i think he got beaten twice by his freind by 1 sec with the new bike he was 1 sec faster than his friend ;-)

The amount of variables involved in four performances is absolutely huge. Suggesting just one variable is the only relevant one is not doing your argument nor credibility any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

peter kern wrote: »

yes somebodies new shiv couldmade a hell of a difference to his bike splits with old bike i think he got beaten twice by his freind by 1 sec with the new bike he was 1 sec faster than his friend ;-)

Tpita bullhe amount of variables involved in four performances is absolutely huge. Suggesting just one variable is the only relevant one is not doing your argument nor ccouldredibility any favours.
    Nice one
    Thats dave the pit bull I know and love glad your success and failure post was writen by somebody else

Advertisement