Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Water Swimming Venues

Options
  • 11-07-2012 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭

http://outdoorswimming.ie/index.html

I was delighted to see my favourite swimming venue, Lough Firrib, included in this list of OW swimming venues. There's some great reviews of other venue's throughout the country, which may be of use to people looking to get in some decent OW training in less-visited lakes, rivers, and beaches. I look forward to swimming lough Oular in particular.

Anyone else got a favourite location to share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I used that website today as I was going out towards Connemara with the sister. Went to The Coral strand in Carraroe. I enjoyed it, water was very clear although there was a type of seaweed that grew up in columns which were a bit annoying it never went away till I went way out.

But nice spot with 2 lifeguards and a few buoys and rock outcroppings to sight

Advertisement