Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forget Ray Mears and Bear...whats it, Cade Courtley is the man!

Options
  • 26-06-2012 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

Cade Courtley, former Navy Seal, like me and star of SURVIVING DISASTER.

10 eps where he leads a bunch of survivors through the likes of Earthquakes, Pandemics, Home Invasions and Avalanches!

Listen to the voice of a Leader!

Crap clip but what can you do, no good ones!

The Nuclear Attack ep is on the RTE Player here.

[MOD EDIT - NO VPN INFO]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Cade Courtley, former Navy Seal, like me and star of SURVIVING DISASTER.

10 eps where he leads a bunch of survivors through the likes of Earthquakes, Pandemics, Home Invasions and Avalanches!

Listen to the voice of a Leader!

Crap clip but what can you do, no good ones!

The Nuclear Attack ep is on the RTE Player here.

[MOD EDIT - NO VPN INFO]

Is it really any point of surviving a nuclear apocolypse.???
    What is left really to be able to survive and live a NORMAL life??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I think thats more geared to surviving a once off terrorist attack, not teotw

mawk wrote: »
    I think thats more geared to surviving a once off terrorist attack, not teotw

I agree with that,but the problem with a terrorist attack is that you dont know it before it hits you,so whats the point really to prepare for it.

I take it you didn't watch the show? its mostly about the fact that you will be taken by surprise and what decisions you should take after the fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

you just gonna curl up and die then?

I saw the one on home incasion ages ago and it was pretty good, alot of common sense but my kind of tv so i enjoyed it! Never saw any other ones i dont think, must look for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

It depends what's important to a person, really. If that's ipods, youtube, and being able to order a pizza, things might be unpleasant. If its family, community, and other such things, there's plenty of reason to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I agree with that,but the problem with a terrorist attack is that you dont know it before it hits you,so whats the point really to prepare for it.

That's why people prepare. If you're lucky enough to survive the initial attack/event/disaster you rely on your Get Home Bag (might be in your car or under your desk etc.) to get yourself back to base.

From there you either bunker in or you Bug Out to a safer remote location.

hardCopy wrote: »

That's why people prepare. If you're lucky enough to survive the initial attack/event/disaster you rely on your Get Home Bag (might be in your car or under your desk etc.) to get yourself back to base.

From there you either bunker in or you Bug Out to a safer remote location.
    No use preparing if you are dead???

what if you dont die? Would you not prefer to be prepared? No one is saying it will be easy, far from it but a bit of prepping and you will be more comfortable than most!

what if you dont die? Would you not prefer to be prepared? No one is saying it will be easy, far from it but a bit of prepping and you will be more comfortable than most!

I am very much prepared,probably better then most because of my military background,but my point is that once the **** hits the fan in an terrorist attack you would have less time to prepare for it.

• Advertisement

This forum is about preparing now tho not waiting for something to happen

This forum is about preparing now tho not waiting for something to happen
    Well I think preparing for an alien invasion would be better if you live in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

Well I think preparing for an alien invasion would be better if you live in Ireland

We survived that :D

We survived that :D

which one,lol.I am still here

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien

Alien or Aliens may refer to:
    • Alien (law), a non-citizen inhabitant of a country
    • Extraterrestrial life, defined as life that does not originate from Earth
    • List of alleged extraterrestrial beings (ufology)
    • Any introduced species, a species living outside its native distributional range

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien

Alien or Aliens may refer to:
    • Alien (law), a non-citizen inhabitant of a country
    • Extraterrestrial life, defined as life that does not originate from Earth
    • List of alleged extraterrestrial beings (ufology)
    • Any introduced species, a species living outside its native distributional range
    Like I said I am still here,and been here for 13 years,Norwegian in Ireland?When are you gonna start fighting back,lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Like I said I am still here,and been here for 13 years,Norwegian in Ireland?When are you gonna start fighting back,lol.
    I think you lads got the boot around the 12th century, looking for round two are ye? :D

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    I think you lads got the boot around the 12th century, looking for round two are ye? :D
    HA ha,no thank you,I prefer a more peaceful approach these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bonniebede

So did the last lot eventually, settled down, got married, got assimilated.

And by assimilated I mean absorbed int the culture, not the Borg.

which worked great until the normans arrived :-P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

[mod] Less thread drift please folks [/mod] :)

Tabnabs wrote: »
    [mod] Less thread drift please folks [/mod] :)

And less pathetic moderation please, its not as if we have so many posts in this forum that you can be picky.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

And less pathetic moderation please, its not as if we have so many posts in this forum that you can be picky.

[mod]baords dyslexic has been banned for one week for arguing with a Mod request and uncivil language. [/mod]

bonniebede wrote: »

So did the last lot eventually, settled down, got married, got assimilated.

And by assimilated I mean absorbed int the culture, not the Borg.

Well my missus still reminds me about the Borg though.
    She knows how to assimilate,lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement