Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for PS3 repair site

• 26-06-2012 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, I got the YLOD on my chunky PS3 a while back. At the point when I was looking around, I saw a website which repaired such faults for around 75 euro and increased the internal fan speed as well as install an external fan for no extra charge.

That was about 1-2 months ago. I didn't at the time cuz I couldn't afford it. Now i'm trying to find the same place and there's no sign of it anywhere online. Has anyone ever come across this or know which place it is?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

this place

http://consolerepairs.ie/

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bgamer

Thanks for the reply shinzon. But I doubt that's the website that I saw, it was a lot fancier looking and there's no mention of a putting on an external fan or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

would it be this one .if not id recomend them anyway .

http://www.consolepros.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hi guys

I got my YLOD repaired with console pros last year.
    He fixed it no problem but the PS3 was lost in transit. He replaced the PS3 with a refurbed one which was fine. The problem with the replacement was a whirring sound from the fan after about 20 mins of the machine being on.
    He said no problem he would replace it once he got a console in stock. Im still waiting despite many texts and calls. Another problem was he said he would replace the 320GB HDD which was in my old PS3. I sent him the receipt so he could claim on the insurance. I'm still waiting :(.
    Sorry for the long rant. Just letting you know.
    I know Bryan has lots of positive Feedback on the site & I could just have been one of the unlucky ones with the CS from ConsolePros.

Thanks guys I had a strong feeling that was the one and they just changed their offer, but at this point I think i'll just sell it for scrap and invest in a gaming laptop. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

bgamer wrote: »
    Thanks guys I had a strong feeling that was the one and they just changed their offer, but at this point I think i'll just sell it for scrap and invest in a gaming laptop. Cheers.

Can you elaborate ?

Can you elaborate ?
    Well at this point, after searching like a madman on google for hours on end each day, I just figured that I must've seen it on a site where those conditions were offered and then they must've changed it later in between my searching lapses.
    I could've sworn it was on a site of similar quality design I seen it offered on when I first came across it.
    Either that or the site that I saw it on was taken offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

My 40gb just died a couple of minutes ago :(, might be givin these guys a call, only problem is I live in Waterford so I dont know if the price for a courier + repair is worth it compared to getting a new PS3.

J0hnick wrote: »
    My 40gb just died a couple of minutes ago :(, might be givin these guys a call, only problem is I live in Waterford so I dont know if the price for a courier + repair is worth it compared to getting a new PS3.
    Sorry to hear that bro, well there was one site where you could trade it in and i guess you could take whatever you get from that and then buy a new one. As for me the hassle is way too much and I think i'll just go back to gamin on the a computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭jocky

If you log onto the Sony network and use the out of warranty repair service there. It costs €120 and they basically give you a refurbed replacement for your one. They will pick it up and deliver it back... and there is a 3 month warranty. it is an official repair so at least you know it is done properly. Mail them and you will receive instructions on how to do this....

• Advertisement
Advertisement